• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Jack Roush injured...

aemoo28

Shoot, better go buy that Black Jack Special Edition before the price sky rockets. I have a secret fetish for that Roush. Hope he'll be ok.

green56

Maybe i will be able to see him if he is OK will be their for a car show all Mustang 75 to 80 by invite only will have my twocars up their 68 GT/CS and 66 Conv Tom Wisconsin

franklinair

That's his second major crash. The FAA will be looking at him REAL close. Reports say he will be OK, but I wouldn't be surprised if his piloting days are behind him.

Neil

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Photo sequence and witness account...

...NASCAR's Jack Roush flying a Beech Premier 390 Business jet crashed at Whitman Field in Oshkosh, WI. He and a female passenger were the only ones aboard. While on his base leg, Jack over flew the North/South runway (attempting to land to the South) and tried to get back to the runway. He then stalled and crashed narrowly missing a line of taxiing airplanes. The engines continued to run at high RPM for about 2 to 3 minutes after the crash and it was amazing that no fire broke out. Both Roush and his passenger were taken to the hospital. The passenger was released from the next day while Roush was flown to the Mayo Clinic later in the week.

The good news was the jet could have crashed into the many people on the flight line or the hundreds of planes parked on the ramp.

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 34
  • -8.jpg
    -8.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
  • -7.jpg
    -7.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 32
  • -6.jpg
    -6.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 34
  • -5.jpg
    -5.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 32
  • -4.jpg
    -4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 31
  • -3.jpg
    -3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 35
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 33

Ruppstang

Wow from the pictures that looks like a realy tight pattern for a jet. I wonder if he thought he was flying a cub. I bet the guy in the Cessna about filled his pants. Marty

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Indeed Marty, it could've been so much worse. A classic stall... What happens next is inevitable. Notice how he scoots around, and just to the right of, two other airplanes moving on the taxiway. It's not a deliberate maneuver for sure, Jack was not in control of the plane. He missed them by pure luck.

Attachments

• -9.jpg
    -9.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 28
  • -10.jpg
    -10.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 26
  • -12.jpg
    -12.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 23
  • -13.jpg
    -13.jpg