• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Internet Scams

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 1968_Ford_Mustang_119.jpg
    1968_Ford_Mustang_119.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 78

Scott

Hi Arlie,

Sorry mate, but I don't follow... I know that some recent photos would better display the car, the price seems high and it is strange to not be in the same place the car is but does that add up to a scam? Do you know that the bloke you sold it to is no good?

I just had a mate of mine sell a car for me while I was away and didn't have any worries other than having to drop the price to cover the new tyres and brakes it needed after all the enthusiastic driving he did - glad he enjoyed it.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Hi Arlie,

Sorry mate, but I don't follow... I know that some recent photos would better display the car, the price seems high and it is strange to not be in the same place the car is but does that add up to a scam? Do you know that the bloke you sold it to is no good?

I just had a mate of mine sell a car for me while I was away and didn't have any worries other than having to drop the price to cover the new tyres and brakes it needed after all the enthusiastic driving he did - glad he enjoyed it.

The guy I sold it to lives in Wisconsin and he does not have the car for sale.

The car was in Oregon when I bought it so the scammer in Florida is apparently using the old eBay auction photos and information in his ad.

gofastguy

I'm surprised the scammer wants so much for it. I would think he might advertise it a bit lower since it's not like he is going to give you the car anyway. The scammer has a pretty nice selection of "cars" for sale.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Check out the address.
There is no street number, it just says, "Hightech Avenue, Suite 202".

The phone probably rolls over to Nigeria.

Last edited:

sportbronc

I purchased Arlie's car and he is correct, it is not for sale. I tried contacting the listed seller many times after Arlie alerted me to this. Tried phone and e-mail with no response. A perfect example of a scam!

Keith

Midnight Special

...This was "big time" on e-bay a few years ago. Boss 429s etc... for $5K, but they had you e-mail outside the auction to arrange a $1K shipping charge and supposedly pay the rest after you received the car (following a song & dance about the owner leaving for military etc...) Their goal was to sucker as many buyers into wiring $1,000 as possible before being discovered. I played one of these guys for awhile and got around five e-mails in a day telling me to hurry!!!

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I purchased Arlie's car and he is correct, it is not for sale. I tried contacting the listed seller many times after Arlie alerted me to this. Tried phone and e-mail with no response. A perfect example of a scam!

Keith

Hi Keith,

Hope you're enjoying the car!

sportbronc

Arlie,

It's been a great car so far, I put new wheels and tires on it and have logged about 1,500 miles on it since geting it home. Getting ready to take a trip to Chicago area with it in a couple of weeks.

Keith