• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. If you had to choose...?

aemoo28

IF you had to choose which CS to keep and which to sell due to financial difficulties, which CS would you keep?

The 68 or the 07/08/09?

Not saying I'm at that point yet, but what would you all do if you had to sell one?

DeadStang

It depends upon whether you have anything else to drive. If you only have 2 cars, and the new CS is your daily driver, you need to keep that one. If you have a third dd and have both Cali Specials, then sell the 2009.

hookedtrout

68 no doubt, there are plenty of new CS's out there that you could replace it much easier in the future.

Cory

CougarCJ

It depends upon whether you have anything else to drive. If you only have 2 cars, and the new CS is your daily driver, you need to keep that one. If you have a third dd and have both Cali Specials, then sell the 2009.

Ditto to the above.

L8GR868

I would keep my 68 and sell the 08. The new Special is more fun to drive but the 68 is still more "SPECIAL" and my favorite. I put it back together piece by piece. I know every bolt.
Eric

66hcs-conv

I suppose it depends if you neeed a car for daily transport.

But I would keep the '68. Just my .02 worth.

Dave

nfrntau

Keep the 68.
Any way you look at it, it is a much rarer car than the new one will ever be. Nothing negative about the newer CS's, they just don't do it for me.
You have a lot of investment $ and emotional involved to let Satan go.
The more bugs you fix, the less bugs there are to work out.
There are members on this site that had one when they were younger, sold it, and now have bought them again, wishing they never let the first one go. On top of having paid a much higher price than the one they had years ago. I have a few cars in my past that I wish I hadn't sold.
On top of all the that, I'm certain the gas, payments and upkeep of the 68 are less than just the payments on the 09.
If you have an option, if you can keep it,
Keep it

My humble opinion.