• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood Scoop Decals

kjmcnally

I'm trying to find "California Special" decals for each side of my hood scoop. Anyone know where I can get them? I'm also interested in any "California Special" decals as they seem to be very hard to find.

Ken

J.Bart

the place that is making stripes for me, makes emblems. have you seen the style that looks like they are in a clear epoxy? i have seen them on chevy pickups (LS) or something.
i can post some pictures of the ones i'm getting, should be tommorrow

Z28ZL1

Go to decalzone.com and make your own like I did. You can make them in any font, size, color, etc. View my gallery for a peek (rear of my car). When I first bought my car, I had the the words "GT/CS" in marlboro font (in metallic silver) on the sides of the hood scoop. Looked real good. You can barely see it in my gallery where the car is at the beach. If nothing else, then use the chrome "California Special" emblem.

Last edited:

dpheyes

Just a thought, but my '68 CS has a '69 Mach I hood scoop somebody else put on it. I really like the look so I'm keeping it on there during resto. Anyway, in keeping with the period style, I'm going to put engine emblems on each side of the scoop, just like they did back then.

My folks have a new '07 GT convertible they had the dealer make into a CS. Dad's going to put the CS scripts on the rear fenders like the original and put emblems on the scoop for the engine size.

Here's a link to an example:

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/catalog/shop/category.asp?catid=82&sortby=itemno

Like I said - just a thought, but in the words of so many of the old-timers here - Make it your own.