• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

help finding a CS collector

round2k

CS board members: I own a K code Mustang and am trying to reconstruct the history of the previous owners and could use your help. At one time the car I own was supposed to belong to a CS collector living in the San Diego area (Rancho Penasquitos) named Ernie. I'm unsure of Ernie's last name, but I believe it is either Gonzalez or Rodriguez. If you know of this fellow and could help me get in touch with him it would be appreciated. The history I was able to obtain from DMV does not go back far enough to help me find him, so I have no history of the car prior to '94. Thanks.

Dave Wallace

chewyz_me

I'm from Rancho penasquitos. I have only seen a CS there once when i was working @ the hardware store. its been nearly 6 months since then tho, but i think I know who your talking about. Unfortunately I'm in another state until feb, otherwise I would take a drive around and try to spot the guys car, town ain't too large.

Just keep looking tho, your on the right track cuz the info you have now is @ least true.

Mosesatm

Ernie's last name is Gonzalez. When I knew him in the late '80s he owned 3 GT/CSs and lived in Mira Mesa.

OP
OP
R

round2k

Thanks to Bob Teets I was able to connect with Ernie Gonzales, and he was a previous owner of my K code at one time. It is terrific that within a day of posting that messge I had CS board members helping out. I have the history of the car back to '90 now; 25 years of ownership left to find. Thanks, again.

Dave Wallace

hicountrybob

K-Hipo

round2k said:
Thanks to Bob Teets I was able to connect with Ernie Gonzales, and he was a previous owner of my K code at one time. It is terrific that within a day of posting that messge I had CS board members helping out. I have the history of the car back to '90 now; 25 years of ownership left to find. Thanks, again.

Dave Wallace
Dave, did he invite you over to view his DOZEN plus Cal Specs, plus he has , I believe, 2-3 HCS. Ernie bought my 1st ever '68 HCS in '93 or '94, red with factory red deluxe int, in which I added a 140-8000 setup, headrest seats, 4V carb, PS and PDB, (STUPID) and he still has and drives this car. This was a time in my life that I thought I needed another Corvette and had to turn a car to purchase it. Oh, well, deep and weep. I told Ernie last night about the Knotts show last April and he would have come if he had known about it. He is 2 hrs south of there. So, I'm going hook up with him next year for it and also the August bar-b-que(right now, I plan on these 2 get togethers). He is quite interesting to chat with and will be like one of the guys and gals here on the site.

Midnight Special

hicountrybob said:
Dave, did he invite you over to view his DOZEN plus Cal Specs, plus he has , I believe, 2-3 HCS. Ernie bought my 1st ever '68 HCS in '93 or '94, red with factory red deluxe int, in which I added a 140-8000 setup, headrest seats, 4V carb, PS and PDB, (STUPID) and he still has and drives this car. This was a time in my life that I thought I needed another Corvette and had to turn a car to purchase it. Oh, well, deep and weep. I told Ernie last night about the Knotts show last April and he would have come if he had known about it. He is 2 hrs south of there. So, I'm going hook up with him next year for it and also the August bar-b-que(right now, I plan on these 2 get togethers). He is quite interesting to chat with and will be like one of the guys and gals here on the site.

...Sounds like he would be a great guy to know Bob. 'Also excited about you and he maybe coming to the August BBQ. 'Hope to see you indeed!