• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Have y'all heard?

nfrntau

Arlies got a new car!

Can you believe it? It's not Highland Green!
Arlie has officially come over to the Blue car team now. Yes, he insists he still likes Highland Green better.

You know what this means?
Arlie and I now have two GT/CS's to work on. How lucky can a guy get?

joedls

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1791;start=0#msg11492 date=1118584772]
Arlies got a new car!

Can you believe it? It's not Highland Green!
Arlie has officially come over to the Blue car team now. Yes, he insists he still likes Highland Green better.

[/quote]

Pics, pics, please!!!!!!!!

Mosesatm

With the car was a book called, "'65-'73 Mustang's Detailing Reference Guide"

It shows the color of evey item on the car. Is this a known reference guide or is it some great find that some of you can use?

68gt390

Arlie;
Say it ain't true. You gave up on "Highland Green" and went with "Blue"? One would of thought you'd of gone with "Royal Maroon"! ;D

Hate to say this but, the 65 - 73 Detailing Reference Guide can be purchased at any Mustang Restoration Shop - Sorry. :'( Check the books publication date. Some are older than others with new reprints put out on occassion. Still, it is a handy guide to have.

Don ;)

390cs68rcode

[quote author=nfrntau link=board=1;threadid=1791;start=0#msg11492 date=1118584772]
Arlies got a new car!

[/quote]

I know exactly how it feels. love being able to choose which CS to drive. Big block or small block. ;D

I am in Tulsa at the Mid America Shelby show. will have a wrap up tonight or tomorrow with some pics.

saw a guy here with a maroon CS without the stripes that he drove from Nebraska with his wife. no AC car and he has owned it for 25 years.

more to come.........

Mosesatm

I’ve finally had a chance to go through the boxes of “junk” the woman I bought the car from gave me as part of the deal. In one of the boxes are a set of end caps. Does anyone know how I can tell if the caps are original or reproductions?

By the way, the car isn't blue.......it's aqua ;) I just can't have another blue car since the Dakota and Infiniti are both dark blue, although my therapist would be proud of me if I did go blue.

68sunlitgold

Arlie,
here are some pic of what the real ones look like, you will notice the smooth backs (the one on the right has had some repair and you can notice the difference. Also note where the connections are.

Doug

Attachments

• 68sqb.jpg
    68sqb.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 11

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1791;start=0#msg11502 date=1118624064]
I’ve finally had a chance to go through the boxes of “junk” the woman I bought the car from gave me as part of the deal. In one of the boxes are a set of end caps. Does anyone know how I can tell if the caps are original or reproductions?

By the way, the car isn't blue.......it's aqua ;) I just can't have another blue car since the Dakota and Infiniti are both dark blue, although my therapist would be proud of me if I did go blue.
[/quote]

Gulfstream Aqua! cool color.

get me any NOS stuff? You DID buy the $500 group of NOS stuff right?

Mosesatm

Haven't figured out what everything is yet.

She had 3 round aqua colored lamps that started with C2 and 2 '65 front bumperettes in boxes. Those were the only things still in boxes that she had when I got back to her place. She still has some more '65 stuff and probably 7 or so rusty '68 styled steel wheels.

I seem to have a lot of '65 stuff in my boxes too. Have either an NOS or perfect used interior rear view mirror. Also a couple good outside mirrors, horse emblems, Magnum 500 center caps, Shelby center caps, 2 '65 steering wheel center things, and on and on. As I clean things up I catalog them.

Mosesatm

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=1791;start=0#msg11514 date=1118660695]
Arlie,
here are some pic of what the real ones look like, you will notice the smooth backs (the one on the right has had some repair and you can notice the difference. Also note where the connections are.

Doug
[/quote]

Thanks Doug, Those pictures help a lot. The ones I have are rough fiberglass on the backside so they must be repros.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1791;start=0#msg11537 date=1118711382]
Haven't figured out what everything is yet.

She had 3 round aqua colored lamps that started with C2 and 2 '65 front bumperettes in boxes. Those were the only things still in boxes that she had when I got back to her place. She still has some more '65 stuff and probably 7 or so rusty '68 styled steel wheels.

I seem to have a lot of '65 stuff in my boxes too. Have either an NOS or perfect used interior rear view mirror. Also a couple good outside mirrors, horse emblems, Magnum 500 center caps, Shelby center caps, 2 '65 steering wheel center things, and on and on. As I clean things up I catalog them.
[/quote]

I do have a 66 ;D