• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Ground wire? instrument panel

Batgirl89

Today I was replacing the headlight switch in Gem, and when I pulled out the heater controls I saw this: Does anyone recognize it??? (wouldn't this be a ground? where does it go??)

Yes, with the high beams on, the headlights were going out. We live in the country and when you're cruising along, it gets really dark, fast, it wakes you right up!

This is the first time I used a 1967 Cougar Headlight switch (from Scott, WCCC) I just epoxied the bracket from the old one onto the new one.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1445648255233.jpg
    ResizedImage_1445648255233.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 38
  • ResizedImage_1445648305723.jpg
    ResizedImage_1445648305723.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 44

Ruppstang

See the top hole on the LH dash support, that is where the ground screw goes. You head light problem may be a bad breaker in the head light switch you are right in replacing it. No fun when the light go out!
Marty

Attachments

• 68 HCS Restoration 007.JPG
    68 HCS Restoration 007.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 42

franklinair

If you don't want to remove the instrument cluster in order to attach the Ground wire, you can secure it to one of the top screw receptacles that secure the Heater Control panel. It will work just fine there.
If/when you do have occasion to remove the Instrument Cluster (a tedious job) you can relocate the Ground wire as Marty described.

Neil