• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Got her home! How did I do?

BOSS3024ME

So we had a rare incredible sunny day yesterday and my Dad and I left the house at 6 AM headed North to the Seattle area to see what I had bought sight unseen. There is a pretty interesting backstory on this car and I have the original sales info from the dealership it was sold "used" at in 1969 (Bill Piere Ford in Seattle) The car had an engine fire in 1979 in which it was placed in a garage in a small town outside Puyallup Washington where it sat for years until yesterday. going to try and load some pics so bear with me!

Attachments

• GTCS on trailer.JPG
    GTCS on trailer.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 75
  • GTCS drivers side.JPG
    GTCS drivers side.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 70

Ruppstang

Do not know what you paid but it looks very solid. That original material is priceless. Waiting to see more.

OP
OP
B

BOSS3024ME

What would you like to see?

We paid just back of 5000.00 for the car have what looks to be all the original parts and there is not a spot of rust in the car. The hood is shot the fire burned through the inner supports other than that the body is very nice so body wise I need a hood.

If you let me know what pics you want to see I will try to upload some

robert campbell

Boss,
I have a perfect original 1968 blinker hood of my car. I live in Bremerton which is west of Seattle. Tiny dimple from the old leave something on the air cleaner trick. It is white with black out hood treatment. New wiring for the lights. Complete with new hood locks.

Had some other people interested, but shipping is expensive for a complete hood. It is even in a large cardboard box that my other hood came in.

Rob

New Hood