• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Flat hood GT-CS

Ruppstang

Has anyone seen a GT-CS or HCS with a Flat hood non turn? I allways under stood that a signal hood was part of the GT-CS package. Marty

franklinair

I can't pinpoint where I read it: GT/CS models ALL came with turn-signal hoods.

Neil

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Neil that statment is in the 89 Recognition Guide. I have all aways assumed it was fact, but I was told by a second owner his HCS had a flat hood on it W/ hood locks when he got it. It seemed strange that someome would go to that much trouble to change hoods and not use the correct one. Marty

franklinair

Can't vouch for HCS models. What year was he referring to? Bob Teets would know the answer for HCS.

Neil

6t8-390gt

Does anyone have the original Ford sales litature for the GT/CS? It may specify on that; realizing that sales litature sometimes had incorrect info.

I can't remember if I have one or not; I'll go check.

Danny

6t8-390gt

The sales brochure says the louvered hood is standard with the GT/CS package. It was printed in 2/68; so I don't know if it was changed later or not. Since the Marti reports for the HCS has California Special denoted on the option list I would assume the had all the same standard equipment.

Danny

GTCSMustang

All Cobra Jet GT/CS & HCS cars had flat hoods.

Scott

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 26

Mustanglvr

Maybe the original owner could have ordered the hood without the turn signal lights.

case12

Maybe the original owner could have ordered the hood without the turn signal lights.
A Marti report would tell all. If the deluxe hood was deleted, then it would show up. The GT/CS package came with the deluxe hood unless ordered otherwise. Casey

joedls

A Marti report would tell all. If the deluxe hood was deleted, then it would show up. The GT/CS package came with the deluxe hood unless ordered otherwise. Casey

So, did the Marti Report for 428 CJ GT/CS cars indicate that the deluxe hood was deleted?

case12

The one I found does not say the hood was deleted. I think we have had this same discussion about the GT package....ie, when certain packages are chosen, other items that would conflict would be automatically deleted.....but to your point, they are not showing on the Marti in this case.

Here is the one I found...

Casey

Attachments

• 428cs.jpg
    428cs.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 30

joedls

So then, the only way the Marti report would show the deleted Deluxe hood is if someone ordered it that way? I couldn't imagine anyone doing that, but stranger things have happened.

Mosesatm

A dealer would most likely be more than happy to swap hoods with another car is someone wanted a standard hood instead of the turn signal hood.

J_Speegle

............It seemed strange that someome would go to that much trouble to change hoods and not use the correct one. Marty

Might have been the only thing they could find at the time or didn't want to wait for the "right" one to be shipped. Lots of reasons for it happening IMHO

Easy to check the date code on the hood to see ;)

hookedtrout

Another option could be damage in transit to the dealer and replaced with a flat hood?

franklinair

My guess is that it was replaced for whatever reason - with the wrong hood. Jeff Speegle's idea of checking the date code on the hood would seem in order.

Neil

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Thanks to all that have given your thoughts. The owner has changed to a vented hood, I'll have to ask him if he still has the flat one to check date code. You guys are the best!
Marty