• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Flags of Our Fathers

p51

Just saw the movie "Flags of Our Fathers" about Iwo Jima. My take is the movie is just an ok+. Its probably a good rental.

In my opinion, it is not nearly as good as "Saving Private Ryan" which I think *everyone* should see. Or "Band of Brothers" (the HBO series) which is the best of them all because it is completely true.

Finally, if you like documentaries, "The Fog of War" about Robert McNamara is best documentary I've seen.

Mustanglvr

"Saving Private Ryan" seemed very realistic and touching. After watching it, I gained alot of respect for those that had given the ultimate sacrifice and for those that came back with their bodies and minds changed forever. Someday when my children are older I will let them watch it and hopefully they will feel the same. My nephew has been back from Iraq for over a year now and he is struggling mentally and physically with day to day life. He says he saw things over there that he will never be able to talk about. I hope this war will be over soon and that we never have another one. But now it looks like North Korea is in for some butt-kicking.