• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Emergency Brake Switch

nfrntau

Can someone post a photo of an emergency brake switch (parking brake warning light) that is installed. I never removed one from the car but I now have a wire to connect to it. (came in the new harness). I am assuming it lights the pony in the center of the dash bezel.
I'm just curious where it goes and how it is activated.

franklinair

The red pony light in the center of the instrument cluster is the high beam indicator for the headlights.
If my memory serves me correctly, the Emerg. brake light operates from a switch mounted on the end of the Emerg. brake mechanism near the serrated teeth on the shaft. It would have a separate light. I believe that option came with a 'Convenience' option.
If your car doesn't have that option, just dead-end the wire (not used).

Neil

Timmknz

Brake Light

Just make sure the connector on your proportioning valve is hooked up so you get the BRAKE (red) light on the dash if your braking system does have a problem.

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

I don't have the convenience group so no light. That's good to know. I hate finding wires and wondering where they go.
Good call on the prop valve.
Thanks guys