• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Electronic Rustproofing system, anyone knows about that?

gtcs1

I saw an advertisement for such a system (brand is CounterAct). Anybody might have used or heard about that? This sends a low amp current and supposely kind of cancel the rust process..... bit sceptical

Leaving on eastern part of Canada, humidity is a bit higher than west coast. Even though my GT/CS is stored in a heated garaged, I would not mind something that would add to the protection against humidity effect. They claim it's good also for the effect of salt galvanic corrosion, present on west coast....

I'm wondering if this is just a gadget, with low performance. On these things, before you can evaluate the results, it takes few years, then it's too late to complain, damage is done and warranty of the system expired long time ago.

Prefer to get some REAL feedback by users before doing anything.

harryz

Electronic rust prevention device

Hi. I live in Hawaii (hot, humid and salty air...) and I got one of these devices when I bought a new Escape in 2002. I have no idea if it actually works, but when you're spending over $20k on a vehicle that you intend to keep for a long time it seemed like a reasonable risk to spend a few hundred (or whatever it was) on something like this. I assume the dealer makes quite a bit of money on it, but if it helps....

Just my $.02.

Harry Z.

Perkchiro

I don't know if this applies to this situation, but a few years ago I inquired about burying my propane tank. They told me that it would require some sort of device to prevent it from rusting from moisture in the ground. I didn't do it, but it must work because a lot of folks around here have underground tanks. The are steel and they apparently don't rust.

Steve