• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 door lights

cool68

can someone help me i just added factory door lights on my CS... how do i hook them up under the dash...please give me some photos or wire colors..or anything that can help me thanks

Ruppstang

I would get the power from the door jam switch green wire that is not live. That way they are only on when the door is open.
Marty

robert campbell

And if memory serves me (doubtful) there is a ground wire and screw behind the front kick panel on both sides. Ground them here.

Rob

franklinair

My wiring diagram shows wire#54 (green/yellow stripe) as being Hot all the time.
Wire#53 (Black/Blu stripe) comes off the door switch to interior lights (dome, courtesy).
Assuming you have the harness from the door lights, the Black wire should go to Ground, and the Black/Blu stripe should go to a 'bullet' connector at the kick panel area which should have the same color code wire (Black/Blu stripe).
Hope this helps.

Neil