• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dad's Old Ford Truck...Our new project...

njmop

I haven't even started doing serious work to my GT/CS (thank goodness the car doesn't need frame off resto!) and I am looking to help my Dad with his dream truck. I've been posting to Panel truck and Ford truck sites looking for advice and encouragement on this lofty project. We are looking to make his 1955 F100 Panel road worthy again. We'll likely do a 4x4 swap with a short bed Chevy frame (he likes to drive on the beach and fish). Just a FYI that's all. Looking for advice, links, ideas and encouragement. At 31, I am able to offer more than just moral support and at 60+ my Dad will need some additional hands. Will be an awesome truck, but when?????? Hope these links work!

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displaythumbnail.php?&photoid=122731&.jpg

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509958

displaythumbnail.php

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Second link worked. Nice project.:grin:

Mustanger

I think it's great that you want to do this for your father ... I know that my father worked hard and sacrificed for our family ... I think dads deserve more respect and love than sometimes they're given ...

hookedtrout

Awesome, I had a 55 F100 years ago. I chopped the top 5 inches and put a tilt front end on it that was all Hydraulic using an automatic window switch from inside.

I still have some odds and ends emblems etc so let me know if you run into any parts you need, with any luck I may have something and I'm cheap/free.

Cory

Attachments

• small chop.jpg
    small chop.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
  • smallf100.jpg
    smallf100.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20