• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

correct wheels and tires

What are the correct wheels for a CS. Is it the 68 rally wheel in chrome and does the "cap" have "GT" on it or not.
Also, what size tires were standard.....what would be good replacement tire. Car will be street driven.

68sunlitgold

newowner,
There is no correct wheel for a CS, they follow what ever the correct wheel is for a 68 Mustang. If you got the "GT" package along with the "CS" option, remember just because it says "GT/CS" does not make it a GT, so if you got the GT option you have the slotted wheels. The correct slotted wheels for the GT are argent or silver, you could get them changed for the chrome wheels. The center caps for a GT optioned car do have the "GT" in the center. Now if you did not get the GT option you could buy the chrome wheels (not argent). The center caps for these are plain.
Doug

OP
OP
G

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=565;start=0#msg3006 date=1061406386]
newowner,
There is no correct wheel for a CS, they follow what ever the correct wheel is for a 68 Mustang. If you got the "GT" package along with the "CS" option, remember just because it says "GT/CS" does not make it a GT, so if you got the GT option you have the slotted wheels. The correct slotted wheels for the GT are argent or silver, you could get them changed for the chrome wheels. The center caps for a GT optioned car do have the "GT" in the center. Now if you did not get the GT option you could buy the chrome wheels (not argent). The center caps for these are plain.
Doug
[/quote]what about the tire size...it is a 14" wheel isn't it.

hcsstang

The Marti report that I received stated that the car had F/ 70/14. but I have a HCS. I would assume that it would be the same. :p

OP
OP
G

I will buying some slotted wheels (GT wheels) for my CS. I am thinking of buying after market 15" wheels. Anyone have thouhts on 14" versus 15" for daily driver CS.