• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Chemical verses Blasting

nfrntau

For those of you who are interested in the chemical strip process, I thought I would show y'all what I found after removing my drivers front floorpan.
Most of you know I had the car chemical dipped and then primed the hell out of it. This is what it looked like after I removed the old floor pan and before I did any prepwork for the new floor pan. I think I would have been in pretty good shape even if I never had to remove this panel. The primer was sprayed through what access holes were available. The bottom side of the panel had full primer coverage.

As it turns out I had to replace the following panels:
Full passenger side floor pan
Both rear floor pan extensions
Front drivers side floor pan
Passenger side lower rear quarter panel
Passenger side trunk panel
Top piece under the battery
A portion of the rear fuel tank support
A 2" square on the drivers top engine compartment rail
Four 2" squares where the original owner torched holes to grease the upper control arms.

While I was at it I lowered both seat pans 1 3/4" (cuz I'm a tall guy and wanted a little extra head room)

Attachments

• DSCF2908a.jpg
    DSCF2908a.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 16