• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Changed my rear emblem

GTCS07

I got sick of not being able to read the California special part of the faux fuel door emblem unless you looked at it just right so I changed to one from Shelby performance parts. Most people ask me if CS stands for Carroll Shelby anyway so I figured why not. It also makes it look a little different from a regular GT also.

Attachments

• MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 48
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
P

PNewitt

....it looks like I need to design a new aftermarket emblem...

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

I got sick of not being able to read the California special part of the faux fuel door emblem unless you looked at it just right so I changed to one from Shelby performance parts. Most people ask me if CS stands for Carroll Shelby anyway so I figured why not. It also makes it look a little different from a regular GT also.

Nice touch!
Shelby Accessories were popular add-ons in 68 as well!

P

PNewitt

I'm not going to say "don't put Shelby items on your CS", but I think it's fair to say that the GT/CS has come into it's own so well over the years, that it doesn't need to aspire to Shelby status. Sorry GTCS07, I don't mean to criticize, and it does look kinda neat. Although...you're right...the early production team for the CS wrestled with that emblem for a long time, and I even made some suggestions. What we need (I'll look into it) is a replacement cap center that has the same GT/CS logo that's on the stripe--and the California Special script above and below it. THAT would work better. But--I know that it's a "GT" in the mind of Ford, and it's a variant of the "GT" name...but we like our cars to be very specific--with no need to confuse the identity.

I DO like the ten spokes on the early cars, and I'll probably put CS-Shelby valve covers and oval AC on my 390, but as far as exterior items, especially on the late model GT/CS, I don't think it's necessary (any more than one would put Shelby emblems on a Bullitt Mustang).

The CS marque is now a very strong one, in the Mustang world. The early cars have set the stage for the now 14,000 late model versions out there.

We can make anything...and we will for our late model GT/CS Mustangs.
(listening ClubPro?)

Paul N.

OP
OP
G

GTCS07

The beauty of bolt-ons is that they can be removed as well as added. I save all my stock parts and can return my car to 100% stock anytime. However, since the line between Shelby and CS are and were a blend of design cues common to both cars I don't think it's an issue. If an emblem like you mentioned was produced I'd buy it. I think it should have been what was installed from the factory. I am removing the cobras from the car however. I don't want it mistaken for a GT-500. I have never been a purist with my cars. I like them modified. If you like yours stock that's cool too.
Speaking of Bullitts, what's the point of having a black one? Also, that is one car I wouldn't modify the exterior of. The design team pretty much nailed it this time.

OP
OP
G

GTCS07

Why would I remove the stripe, except to change the color? Then that's not stock either, so what's the point? I just bought Shelby wheels too, oh no! Just think, by modifying my car, your cars will look even more factory.