• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black Hornet

Mustanglvr

Paul, would you use a regular 68 hardtop or a GT/CS for a Green Hornet?

P

PNewitt

Paul, would you use a regular 68 hardtop or a GT/CS for a Green Hornet?

In keeping with the GH, you'd have to use a GT/CS "donor car". I don't think the Black Hornet builder did that.

There is one GT/CS in the Registry that many years ago, had a Shelby nose added to it. It's dark green, with no stripes. It looks kinda neat.

According to Fred Goodell, The original plan was to include the '68 Shelby nose for the GT/CS, but Ford didn't want to spend the money.

Paul N.

dcutting

Building a "Green Hornet"

Building another "Hornet" sounds like fun, but I would be careful with anything connected to Shelby. "Ol' Shel" is a bit protective of his name or former business, and the lawyers might decend on the project like Democrats on a pay check.
On the other hand, Carrol does like to earn a buck, and seems to be willing to license just about anything from cars to toothbrushes if you pay him...

Cheers,

David

Mustanglvr

I have the GT/CS if anybody would like to make a GH out of it. :smile: