• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Aqua GT/CS in Hawaii on eBay

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

390cs68rcode said:
....too bad it is not a S code.

Well, as far as that goes; too bad it's not the 2nd unknown Green Hornet prototype, in perfect condition, with only 100 mile on it, but there is nothing wrong with small-block cars.

Nice color, though. I'm sure we all know, and agree, that the Gulfstream Aqua cars are a lot more valuable than the other colors, except Highland Green, of course!:wink: :rolleyes:

There, that should be a good way to wake everyone up on this Monday morning!

Diesel Donna

Mosesatm said:
Well, as far as that goes; too bad it's not the 2nd unknown Green Hornet prototype, in perfect condition, with only 100 mile on it, but there is nothing wrong with small-block cars.

Nice color, though. I'm sure we all know, and agree, that the Gulfstream Aqua cars are a lot more valuable than the other colors, except Highland Green, of course!:wink: :rolleyes:

Say WHUT!!!???? :eek:

68gt390

Mosesatm said:

Arlie;
You sure that car wasn't repainted a different color????? :eek:

Don

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Now, don't do that to me Don, Von Quack is probably on vacation this week!!

390cs68rcode

nothing wrong with small blocks, I did not say there was anything wrong with a small block.

still looking for one

A 6 cyl. is just fine, Rhonda, especially with a 3 speed, the 200 is a robust little engine, and they sip the Persian Perrier, the bigger engines are thirstier, especially the ones with the 390 and larger motors

When I was in college, one student had a near new '67 hardtop with that set up, the car was black, he was in the ski patrol and took that car up to the snow all the time, and it served him very well. It had a chrome rack on the roof and even though he'd removed the hubcaps, that black car looked real sharp.

I wouldn't hesitate to take a '67 or a '68 Mustang or Cougar in the snow country. They do very well on the winter roads, when driven sensibly, but I would carry tire chains just in case.

Jim

still looking for one

Mosesatm said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...60QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6236QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Harry Z here's one in your area!

Nice looking car but the "2 small rust spots" and "entire underside of car undercoated" might be a couple of red flags.

Arlie, you are certainly right

It's amazing a car that many years old survived that long in Hawaii without being rust from the door handles down.

The humidity really gets the cars over there! I've seen American cars there barely one year old with the beginning of rust on them.

Jim B.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Ah yes, growing up in snow country with a GT/CS!!!!

Ever try to get out of a snow bank or a small ditch without anyone to help push or steer? Now that's a real art, but not something I'd recommend.

Many times, after giving up on rocking it, I would put it in first gear, let out the clutch, get behind the car an push (rocking it). When the car finally got it out of the snow and onto dry ground I'd have to run and jump in before it hit anything, like the snow bank on the other side of the street!!

Then there is the frozen door issue. For those of you who haven't experienced the frozen door issue it's a real trip, especially with a 4-speed. It goes something like this:

It's cold outside and you are driving with your heater on and the car is nice and toasty. You park the car in the driveway for the night and it snows a few inches. Everthing is nice and pretty and white and the world is at peace. Except that that nice pretty snow hit your warm car and ran down inside your door and subsequently froze.

The first trick is opening the door because the latch won't push. No problem, a good swift kick with a boot and it opens. Ok, hop in the car and pray to God that it starts. It starts! Turn the defrosters on full blast, jump out and start scraping windows. Someone stole your scraper so you use a Doobie Brothers cassette tape box. Fifteen minutes later jump in the car shut the door.......and it won't latch.

OK, now what? There is only one thing to do; hold the door shut with your right hand, steer with your left hand, and shift with your left hand! There were many days I went from 1st to 4th and left it there. Good old American V8 torque!!

After 10 minutes of the heater blaring the door thaws and all is right with the world again...until you park the car in the driveway at the end of the day, and it snows.........

Last edited:

rvrtrash

You forgot the part where it's so cold out that the 90 weight in your tranny is like molasses and you can't get it out of whatever gear you left it in until the engine heat transfers to the trans enough to thin the lube.:mad:

Steve

still looking for one

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread

Wow! What stories, guys! You are talking SNOW!!! ...and on a thread about a Mustang CS for sale in Hawaaii:grin:

We don't get much of the stuff in California I was 25 years old the first time I even remember seeing the stuff. Shoveled a lot of it since then though

I bet Rhonda can talk about to snow LOL

Jim B.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Give it a shot. I think you'll find that it's not possible to hold the door shut with your left hand. Can't get enough leverage, especially when turning right. That big old heavy American door will fly open and take your hand with it.

Mustanglvr

I hate to say it, but I did the same exact thing last winter in my Acura. The doors on it are`nt so heavy, so that helped, but OMG, it was soo fricking cold!

BroadwayBlue

Mosesatm said:
Give it a shot. I think you'll find that it's not possible to hold the door shut with your left hand. Can't get enough leverage, especially when turning right. That big old heavy American door will fly open and take your hand with it.

Ok I'll give you that. I was thinking of keeping the window open ... but that might cause some frostbite in the winter huh? :cheesy: