• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Another GT/CS heads to Washington...

Midnight Special

... Sixteen year old Crofton of Everett, WA flew in to Sacramento, CA with his mother Sandra yesterday to become yet another dignified GT/CS owner.

With guidance from Arlie (Mosesatm), a visit to Grass Valley in April and counsel with "good heads", Mike Jewell, Ron Moore and Renee Foster, a deal was struck for my red C-code as an attractive and affordable driver.

The car was intended to be shipped to Everett, but scheduled arrival would not have been until late-July at best. The two opted instead to fly down and drive the car (700+) miles back home.

That said, She immediately went into the shop (after winter slumber) for new brakes, tires, radiator & cooling system overhaul, trans service, complete new front suspension and a Pertronix distributor. The desired results will be for a car that's "good to go" for not only a safe trip home, but as a minimal project and realized dream with all the impressionable memories to follow.

I drove it to the airport to pick them up and to offer some "flight instruction" back to Grass Valley. With all systems "go", they departed tonight for the long journey to Everett.

Join me now in wishing them an awesome, safe and bonding journey!
I'll certainly miss the ole' C, but I'm more excited about her future than ever! :)

Attachments

• DSC_7351.jpg
    DSC_7351.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_7350.jpg
    DSC_7350.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_7353.jpg
    DSC_7353.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_7358.jpg
    DSC_7358.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_7369.jpg
    DSC_7369.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

quicknick

Wow, that's great. Glad to see it going to a good home where it will get as much love and care as it got from you.

sam

What a great car for a young man. I'm sure they'll get many honks and thumbs up for the ride home. Happy Father's Day to all those Dads out there.

somethingspecial

That's great, looks like they really enjoy the car and you certainly did them good to make sure he had a great car to build great memories with. It went to a great kid and a great home.

di81977

The paint looks great on that car, nice and shiny! Hope they enjoy it and have a safe and uneventful trip home.

clubpro

Tim,

You are an incredibly generous man and I am very proud to call you my friend. You are truly passing your passion on to the next generation. I know that Crofton will take great care of the C.S. and will pass his passion on.

I can tell that TJ has worked his magic on the car because it looks fantastic!

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Just received a progress report. They're into Washington now and the car is doing great! The odometer just went to "all zeros" signifying their "new beginning" ;-)

Attachments

• _DSC0922.jpg
    _DSC0922.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 49

PonyGal

...Just received a progress report. They're into Washington now and the car is doing great! The odometer just went to "all zeros" signifying their "new beginning" ;-)

Talk about fate! All zeros...

Tim, I know how much you hated to see that car go, but I also know that you are very happy that it went to a great home! I knew when I saw the look on Crofton's face when he came to see the car, that he is going to take great pride in the ownership.

P.S. TJ did an amazing job :)

robert campbell

Tim,
Hate to tell you, but that paint job and color combo was my favorite of your herd!!! The color was so striking. No problem answering questions or turning a wrench for them. Let them know I am available!!

Rob

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Tim,
Hate to tell you, but that paint job and color combo was my favorite of your herd!!! The color was so striking. No problem answering questions or turning a wrench for them. Let them know I am available!!

Rob

Rob, the best thing that can happen to that boy now would be to spend some time with You! Wrenching or not :)

Indeed, I didn't want to let her go, but the fact is I have too many of these things and too many other things to do. Here we are deep into the season and I have done little more than admire them on my way to other venues. I always knew there would come a time to let go & move on...> Though gradually and to the right person at the right time.

Arlie was a keen ambassador to this and made for yet another reason to have a Mustang get-together with the best possible outcome. All good stuff!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Yet another of our herd is off to a new and caring home :) Going to miss these Mustangs and all the fun they brought so many of us. Great memories and greater futures one & all. And thanks to TJ (who some of you nurtured) for all of his diligence in making them shine! :)

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 41
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 49
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 41
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 41

Ruppstang

Wow Tim I am glad we visited you last summer and got to see your whole heard.
I do understand the need to thin them down from time to time. Hope this one is headed to a good home too.
Marty

aemoo28

I hear a CS actually left Calif & made it to Wa State without incident??
*******!!!!!*******
Hooray! Will look for it in earnest!

robert campbell

Amy,
Please start a new thread on how you are doing. I miss you on the forum and hope all is going well with your family.

Someday I hope you can get another GT/CS or HCS! One from a reputable guy like Tim or one that we can help you with. We will ensure that you are buy a car worthy of the money and ensure that it is a good investment.

Rob