• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another Clone

still looking for one

Mustanglvr said:
I did too,LOL.

The California Secial Police Dept. really went for this guy and worked him over with the stick:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No stripes, wrong placement of GTCS script, you could really give him a bad time. He's really angry now. Got swamped with emails; he doesn't know or care about anything else except selling the thing.

Ebayers beware the Fraud squad of the GT/CS Police Dept. is on cyber patrol 24/7.

Mustanglvr

I told him he was right that it was a clone because of the vin. I also told him that the California Special were not aftermarket or dealer add-ons and that they were made at the San Jose Ford Assembly plant. I told him to go to www.californiaspecial.com to get more information and that maybe he would learn something from us MOTORHEADS. :grin:

UPDATE: He wrote me back and all he said was "ok".

Last edited:

p51

Dang, you guys must have been pretty hard on this guy. I just now looked at the ad on ebay and it has the following additional info in big bold red letters....:cheesy:

On May-24-06 at 14:56:33 PDT, seller added the following information:
I HAVE BEEN KILLED WITH EMAILS REGARDING THIS MUSTANG SO I WILL REPEAT THIS AGAIN! IT IS A CLONE, I NOW KNOW THIS. PLEASE, PLEASE JUST BID ON IT! I AM A CAR DEALER, NOT A MUSTANG COLLECTOR! I JUST WANT TO SELL THE CAR NOT PLAY MUSTANG TRIVIA!​

Mustanglvr

We have to make sure these cars are not misrepresented. What would have happened if he had listed it as a Shelby or any other rare car? He started out listing it as an original California Special from what I can tell and then revised it.

Perkchiro

Hey, I wasn't hard on the guy at all. I just told him that his car shouldn't be advertised as a real CS and that yes, Ford did produce real CS cars in 1968 at the San Jose, CA plant and that I owned one. I also wished him luck in selling his car. His reply to me was short and succinct and simply said, "OK". If he was offended in some way, it sure shouldn't be from what I said.