• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A Question and a Teaser....

P

PNewitt

First the question. Below is a diagram that I have of some sort of bracket that was added to the GT/CS, dated 3/6/68. The bracket part number is: C1TF-13351-A. My guess is that its to mount the heavy-duty flasher for the taillights. How many of you have this bracket? It's mounted behind the ash tray on the dash. Any evidence of the clip and screw--as shown?

it may just be the bracket for the lighter. "C1" means it's a 1961 part. This diagram was in my paperwork from SAAC about the "Calif. Mustang" project.

And...The teaser is from the book project that I'm doing.

It's a Shelby Automotive page, with "California Mustang" notated on it. This was the working title for the GT/CS. This is from the page that has the parts listed for the Lucas retrofit. More coming in the upcoming book.

Thanks!
Paul N.

Attachments

• blinker.jpg
    blinker.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 72
  • shelam.jpg
    shelam.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

rvrtrash

Paul, my Ford MPC lists part # C1TZ 13351-B as the turn signal flasher holder for a variety of vehicles from '65-'71. It also shows 13351-A as being the same use, with 3 different prefix codes. Both of my flashers are mounted in different locations than your diagram, but my car has factory air and under the dash is a jungle of wires and actuators. I have to pull the instrument cluster to change the emer. flasher relay. Hope this helps.
Steve

68gt390

The only flasher holder I found in mine was directly above the steering column. That's the unit I changed when I installed the sequential light system from Project Mustang. As far as any other holder unit I never found one even when I had the dash torn apart for repairs.

Don

68sunlitgold

Paul,
since I don't have my CS with me I went to look at my coupe. It also has the same holder (I did not take it off to check the part # but it does look just like this). It is attached to the brake support, here is a picture of it.

Doug

Attachments

• blinker holder.jpg
    blinker holder.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Wow, thanks, Doug, Don and Steve for looking this up. I think the "TZ" part of the number is a truck #.

I need to look this over in the paperwork. As you know, what is on paper may not always make it into actual production.

Paul N.

rvrtrash

The "T" is for truck but that is just an indicator of what the part was originally designed for, and generic parts are usually used in a lot of different vehicles. You'll see a lot of Fairlane casting numbers ("O")in Mustangs-especially in the engine, Galaxie numbers in Fairlanes, etc. The "Z" is a Ford warehousing number.
Steve

nfrntau

Paul,
Thought I would ad a little humor to this thread (my drawing). This is from my notes during disassembley. It agrees with the other posters although I affectionately called it the "little aluminum round thing".
Bill

Attachments

• Pauls Answer.jpg
    Pauls Answer.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 92

nfrntau

Here is the same view in an actual photo. It shows pretty clearly what were talking about here. I will dig around in my parts boxes and see if I can verify the part number for you.

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

LOL!

Your diagram looks like football shoulder pads.

Actually--my clip is in the same place.

Thanks!

Paul N.

PFSlim

My clip was in the same place as Bill's (from his last thumbnail posted). For those looking for the other flasher unit, this is where one is installed, the second unit is behind the instrument cluster or may even be closer to the firewall (if I remember right).

Paul

68gt390

68sunlitgold said:
Paul,
since I don't have my CS with me I went to look at my coupe. It also has the same holder (I did not take it off to check the part # but it does look just like this). It is attached to the brake support, here is a picture of it.

Doug

Doug;
I'll have check my GT and see what it has. I didn't check the brake support area. I'll have to do that. It's kinda nice to have two cars. You can really see the differences and how they installed some things and didn't install other's on the same type car. Amazing. :eek:

Don

PAUL

Did they make a BRANDED 68 CALIFORNIA SPECIAL ??????????

Does any one know if they made what they called a "BRANDED" series 68 california special ????????? Thanks Paul 480-363-9590

CougarCJ

Holy Crap! That was me.

VIA EMAIL:"I have attached a scan of a page from a guide called CAR*TRUCK action guide. Ford Management Merchandising Materials dated March 1969. Looks to be a ongoing item, pictured is a 1967 Mustang coupe."

That was my scan of the "Branded" page from the Ford Action Guide booklet.