• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 68 HCS on ebay

teamlo

I really like it with the Shelby 10 spokes. Nice looking car.

candycal

It does look nice. I was interested in the car and asked for more pictures, which I got. Unfortunately something just isn't quite right - the diff, and everything attached to it is old and rusty looking. The whole car is supposed to be new or restored, including the "back end". The seller isn't answering my questions on that subject so I'm a bit shy of it.

candycal

Saw that one Arlie, unfortunately it's a six. Although relatively rare, it doesn't appeal.

The ebay 68 HCS has a NOM 302 in it, I found out by researching a bit more and finding an old ad from the previous owner (car appears exactly the same between then and now bar the 10 spokes). This seller told me the engine is restored to "original specs". Maybe he found a 289 and rebuilt it. Anyone interested in the car can Google the VIN.

franklinair

"Original specs" doesn't necessarily mean original engine. Only that the engine's "specs" meet original factory tolerences & appearance.

Neil

candycal

"Original specs" doesn't necessarily mean original engine. Only that the engine's "specs" meet original factory tolerences & appearance.

Neil

Agreed Neil. I asked if the engine had any performance enhancements to it, current seller said no, it was rebuilt to stock factory specs. This was before I found out it had a 302 when it was for sale by the previous owner (it had 289 decals on it then also). The current owner may well have found a 289 and rebuilt it to stock as he states.

I'm certainly not bagging the car, it looks to be a very nice Mustang. Personally I'd prefer the 302 as I'm after a J code ideally.