• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 68 gt/cs ebay white in fl

KHW34

hello all new on here , have been a corvette guy but... first car was a 67 mustang diamond blue 289 no air no ps , and i drove the wheels off of her. fast forward and i miss her, long gone but would like to have a mustang since they seem fair priced these days. i have seen the ones posted here that are on ebay but nobody has mentioned this one in florida, my problem i am no expert on this cs model , i am reading up as i go . one reason this white one is appealing is it has the same interior color mine did. i dont want another convertible my 72 vette is a ragtop, would possible like a fastback but they same pricey but this model is interesting, ok sorry does anybody see anything wrong with this car, i didnt think it came with a single exhaust and the other cs i have seen the exhaust is into the back panel this one has a single pipe below panel, also it looks to have the dreaded undercoat and i doubt it is original 46k car either any thoughts would be appreciated , or if anybody knows of one kw

OP
OP
K

KHW34

cant post a link i am new, huh? but it is pretty easy to find

Ruppstang

KW, unless it was a GT as well as a GT-CS and had a J code 4 V 302 or S code 4V 390 it came with a single exhaust. Many owners have added the duels. It would be helpful if you could post the ebay item number. Marty

Mosesatm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...2fcQQitemZ330548052732QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

It looks like a very clean car. The only minor incorrect items I see are:
- Incorrect fog light posts
- Black paint on the tail light bezels
- Both seat bottoms need to be recovered or adjusted
- The carpet should be checked because it's photographed with floor mats
- The pinch welds are not painted black
- The hood pin support brackets are painted the wrong color
- There isn't a clear enough photo of it but the "California" on the passenger side may be too close to the end cap.
- The underside should be red oxide instead of black, and I'm not sure it's undercoating, unless there's undercoating under the paint. It looks to me like they painted EVERYTHING under the car with semi-gloss paint

Be sure to see it, touch it, and drive it, before you bid on it.

Last edited:

mpwhitley

Car Value

I am looking at this car as well. In fact, I will be in Clearwater on Monday to inspect and drive. Question- how much has the price guide on this site changed since 2003? I spoke with seller and he is wanting mid 20's for car. According to the guide, that # seems high, even if the car is in excellent shape. Especially considering the c-code engine. Can someone please give me advice on a fair price if car is as clean and in as good shape as pics seem to show? Thanks

franklinair

Whoever did the paint/detailing did a nice job (except the errors Arlie listed). I'm not familiar with the type of headrests installed- never seen that type before. Not knowing the prev owner, or who did the resto, a personal inspection is in order.
If I were to purchase it, $22K would be my offer (if everything checked out OK), and I'm not much of a horse trader.

Neil

Last edited:

candycal

FWIW, most definitely check the car out. I had a car examined for me at that dealership late last year and it was awful, a very nasty surprise compared to the photos and detailed description posted by the seller. I'm not suggesting all their listings are like that but be cautious.

Rick.

Last edited:

nineofive

Very interesting bidding. This car was listed on EBAY back in Feb 20111 - I contacted the seller - they were willing to take about 19K for it. The buy price was 20K. It did not sell. This listing is from a dealer and the bid cranks up to 24K? Go figure.