• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 Coupe assembly progress

Matstng

I've made progress on the reassembly of my 68 coupe. Got the exterior done, less window trim, and made some good progress today on the interior. I should have it back on the road and ready to take to work next week.

06-15-12.jpg

I'm that much closer to working on the CS!!!! Should be moving it into the shop next weekend.

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Started working on the heater/AC box and discovered I'm missing more pieces than I thought. Looks like I'm not stickking with original parts on the A/C.

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

The front seats are in!!!!! I had to take a few laps around the block to remember how fun this car is to drive. It should be ready to take to the office in a day or two, I want to get the door weatherstrip in before I really take it out.
Still need to get the heaterbox in... the heat will work without the A/C evaporator, right?

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Heater box is in, I picked up rear seat belts today along with a indicator arm and a few other small things. I'm on the home strech...

This coupe has a vibration issue which I believe I've traced to be missing alignment pins on the 10.50" clutch for the T5. Anyone heard about this?
I plan on addressing this in a week or two.

OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

Brakes are on. Maybe a little overkill but can you ever have too much brake? :grin:

14" vented rotors
Wilwood 6 piston calipers.

2012-07-20_14-45-53_721.jpg

Manual set-up. Wilwood 7/8" dual reservior master, still need a prop valve to the rear to dial it in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matstng

Matstng

I fianlly fixed the ongoing vibration. Turned out I had a missmatched 10-1/2" clutch and 10" flywheel. The clutch needed to be pinned to the flywheel so after spending a few $$$$ on the correct parts and pulling the trans for the third time, the vibration is gone. YEA!
Next is the A/C to tackle. Vintage Air?????

2012-08-25_17-30-24_400.jpg

This car is soooo much more fun to drive when it can rev to 6000RPM's. :)