• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Police GT/CS

erselt

You've probably never seen this before, but in Burlingame CA they actually have/use a California Special Police car. It's been around as a working police car for 20+ years

Attachments

• stang.gif
    stang.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
E

erselt

Here's another pic

Attachments

• stang1.gif
    stang1.gif
    74.3 KB · Views: 15

carvensno

cool looking CS ;D, but is it a real Gt/CS? or just a dressedup 68 coupe? ???

just asking, because i dont see the fog lamps and has the wrong grill, and no hood locks! :-\

68gt390

[quote author=1 GT/CS link=board=1;threadid=1038;start=0#msg5763 date=1091675282]
cool looking CS ;D, but is it a real Gt/CS? or just a dressedup 68 coupe? ???

just asking, because i dont see the fog lamps and has the wrong grill, and no hood locks! :-\
[/quote]

Who cares, it still looks great and just the fact that they bothered to take the time to set up this type of car as an actual cruiser. I think that's cool as hell. As an ex-police officer I wish I would of had one of these. May not of made the job any easier but, I sure would of had a lot of fun doing it. I'd just like to know what's under the hood?

Don ;D ;D

Calspecialdreamer

I've seen that car before. I believe it was confiscated in a drug bust and is used in the dare program. Anyone know if this is a rumor or correct?

bbeatty

On their web site, they say the car is a 67. It’s used in the Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T) program, hence the tag “4 GREAT”.

OP
OP
E

erselt

The rear end is pure California Special--I've seen it! The car at some point must have had front-end work since the grille and lights are missing (my guess).

darb

A great photo op:

Cop GT/CS with lights running and another gt/cs in front pulled over.

I'd love to get a picture like that!

Brad