CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/31/2011, 10:17 PM   #1
bcallmac

My Garage
AC/Heater control panel drivers side

Hello All,

First off, I would like to say that this site and the users on here are in incredible. My dad and just got our car and have learned a ton by visiting this forum. We have found ourselves in need of some help.

We were trying to remove the headlight switch from the car to replace and in the process removed the drivers ac control panel. I realized after we had removed the drivers vent and control panel it didn't need removing but it was too late.

Once we removed the top two screws the bottom vent kind of fell out and the panel came forward. We noticed that the control panel has a bezel that holds the vent but it's broke on the very bottom.

Does anybody have a spare they would be willing to part with. What makes this even harder to swallow is that the car is all original.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Bob

Last edited by bcallmac; 09/01/2011 at 02:24 PM.. Reason: Typos
bcallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2011, 11:45 AM   #2
whodat

eBay: metronash

I had the same problem and bought the repro. I know it's not NOS but it is very nice, but you can search ebay.
whodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2011, 02:36 PM   #3
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
My company is the distributor for those vents. Kit comes with bezel and buttons only. Save your controls and guts behind your broken piece.

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 01:24 AM   #4
dalorzo_f
My Car Details

My Garage
Unbroken originals are very hard to find. Good unbroken originals even harder. I don't ever recall seeing an NOS. I'd be scared to see a price on an NOS. One year only piece.

The repros are very nice and work well, have them in my 68 S GT coupe. May replace them if I decide to risk giving the unbroken orignals to a chrome shop...

Incredibly poor design on the originals, as it seem 99% of them are all broken off at the bottom.

If you want OEM start searching, they do come up but are scarce. Easy way out is repro.
dalorzo_f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2011, 05:34 AM   #5
Ruppstang

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalorzo_f View Post
Unbroken originals are very hard to find. Good unbroken originals even harder. I don't ever recall seeing an NOS. I'd be scared to see a price on an NOS. One year only piece.

The repros are very nice and work well, have them in my 68 S GT coupe. May replace them if I decide to risk giving the unbroken orignals to a chrome shop...

Incredibly poor design on the originals, as it seem 99% of them are all broken off at the bottom.

If you want OEM start searching, they do come up but are scarce. Easy way out is repro.
+1 Marty I got lucky I bought a whole box of controls on a sale for $6 and found a perfect one in the box. I had looked for almost 2 years. Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 10:15 AM   #6
bcallmac

My Garage
I sincerely appreciate all of the responses. I may have found a good used one about two hours away but if that doesn't pan I will order the reproduction part and figure out how to paint the face black.
bcallmac is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads