• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Ebay - Round, round, round, i get a round

nineofive

Boy does this look familiar!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...935547QQ_trksidZp5197Q2em7QQitemZ220828127262

Almost word for word motor and trany description as this closed / unsold auction from my neck of the woods - same grill / fog lights, same seats, same hood, same pipes. Engine photos are spot on. The only exception is the closed auction was marked as a clone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200625851719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I guess the new owner was not happy after all?

TraveledGTCS

Considering the VIN number began with 8F01, anyone who knows the Cal Specials, know they begin with 8R01 for the San Jose plant; the 8F01 was the Dearborn plant.

Someone did not do their research if they thought it was other than a clone; the front end (fog lights). hood latches, are incorrect. But maybe that's what they wanted.

Bill

OP
OP
N

nineofive

Just some quick clarifications:
The closed auction, where the VIN is located, clearly stated that the car is a clone. (2nd hyperlink)
The "new auction" from Canada does not list the car as a clone nor could I find a VIN listed anywhere. (1st hyperlink)

TraveledGTCS

That's probably why the seller is omitting the VIN from the current ebay ad. I'm wondering if he was aware of the distinction before he bought it. Possibly someone pointed it out to him after he bought it and now he's trying to get rid of it after only owning it for about a month. He's probably hoping one won't mind the missing VIN in the ad; hopefully before one buys it they ask for it, or there may be another dissatisfied buyer. But as the saying goes - Buyer Beware.

Bill

deerrr

They should buy mine!!! Move all their parts over, and then they would have a Real One.
$3,500.firm. Sad, but true . . .