CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/24/2011, 09:31 PM   #1
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Good news / Bad news from the 2011 Recognition Guide

Received my copy of the book.

The good news is my GT/CS is one of the very early hand built cars.

The bad news is that it is listed incorrectly as a C code 289. With a former owners name. Listed with an "M" for Marti Report, but the door data plate information is incomplete.

For those that wish to make a footnote on a piece of paper with the correct information, my door data plate information is as follows:

8R01J137614
65A W 2Y 05B 71 5 W

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/24/2011, 11:38 PM   #2
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...One of my S codes: 8R01S169388 is also incorrectly listed as a J code HCS and "owner unknown". The car is not an HCS, so Bob Teets may want to remove it from his registry if the information came from him (as the book states). The car has a Marti and original door & dash tags. I bought it in 2005...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	martirgrn.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	13387  

Last edited by Midnight Special; 04/25/2011 at 02:56 PM..

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 02:20 PM   #3
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Oh NO! This is AWFUL. It's not correct!!!!!!
Proof reading error? We know the diff btw HCS and GTCS, yeah?
And we know it's Tim that owns the majority of CS cars, yeah?
Oh no. This is not good.
Cougar man, when I see you, can you ink the corrections into my book?
And Tim, we'll cross out "unknown" and write your name in.

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 05:07 PM   #4
GTCSMustang

My car is correctly listed. I'd guess most are.

Scott

68.5 Blck Mustang CJ Cnvrt, 68 Lme Gld GT/CS, 68 Rd HCS (fact 428), 68 Ac Bl Mustang GT Cnvrt, 68 Ylw GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Hlnd Grn GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Gld G.T. 500 Cnvrt, 68 Ryl Maroon Mustang Sprint Cpe, 68.5 Hlnd Grn Fstbck, 68.5 Ylw Mustang Fstbck. Visit my website www.scottfullerreproductions.com .
GTCSMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 05:54 PM   #5
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoo28 View Post
And Tim, we'll cross out "unknown" and write your name in.
...Thanks Amy, but I'm not concerned about my name being in the book as none of my other cars are are listed properly either. I just thought it appropriate to correct the fact "here" that it's not a 'J' HCS...

Tim
Old 04/25/2011, 07:37 PM   #6
sportyworty

The Cobra Jet Den

My old Black/Black 390 4 speed car is listed as unknown as well. It was registered with the Marti.
sportyworty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 07:51 PM   #7
obwan93001
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHour View Post
Hey guys quick question. How do the books arrive? USPS? You have to sign for em? I havent recieved mine and did an address change with Paul last year.

ShouldIbeworried.com?

You should see it real soon, don't worry. I, too, had to change my addy w/Paul last summer and was starting to get worried after being told they'd shipped and 6 days later nothing, even shipping within California. But when I remembered they were sent via USPS Media Mail I knew from past experience that it'd be about a week or so and sure enough they were delivered w/today's mail, exactly one week after they were shipped. So you should see them in a matter of days and will be happy. Sucks to hear about some of the problems however and hope there aren't many others found. When I read this thread I quickly went in and confirmed my CS's info was in there correctly and it is. Still sorry to hear about those who's info isn't however.

Oscar

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...3&d=1198481108
1968 GT/CS 289-2v V8 AT, PS, drum brakes, tinted windows, Diamond Blue, black stripes, standard Black bucket interior. MCA#:70104
obwan93001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 08:02 PM   #8
nates68
My Car Details

Hey Tim,I brought up the fact about the J code being wrong in the book,little facts like this need to be corrected.I know its no big deal but when you go to show someone this fact book you would like it to be right. Goes for your cars too.I hope everything else is right

nates68
nates68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 08:09 PM   #9
HappyHour

Hey guys quick question. How do the books arrive? USPS? You have to sign for em? I havent recieved mine and did an address change with Paul last year.

ShouldIbeworried.com?

Robert
68 J Code SoCal Special
94 Defender 90 #16 "Best 4x4xfar"
HappyHour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2011, 08:36 PM   #10
nates68
My Car Details

US mail, no you dont have to sign.

nates68
nates68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2011, 09:43 AM   #11
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by nates68 View Post
Hey Tim,I brought up the fact about the J code being wrong in the book,little facts like this need to be corrected.I know its no big deal but when you go to show someone this fact book you would like it to be right. Goes for your cars too.I hope everything else is right

nates68
Thanks Nate, but I've always had laminated Marti reports, polite dialog with admirers and the "California Special Way of Life" book which is more in line with what we do at shows. To each their own...

I had long ago requested to be excluded from the new book because of the "SAAC /CS registrar's" longstanding criticism of our activities and my collection, but since he published that serial number incorrectly, I believe it's only fair for members to post (where it counts) to remove future claims against validation using his printed registry!

That aside; go out & enjoy your books, We'll keep enjoying our Mustangs and the SAAC/CS World Headquarters bunch can keep doing and saying as they please....>

Tim
Old 04/26/2011, 11:39 AM   #12
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
I posted for posterity sake.

Plus, I wanted to again post the Marti with correct information so that Paul can update the master record.

He lurks here, he mentioned this thread on the saac forum.

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2011, 04:10 PM   #13
Mosesatm

Yes he does, and another member who posts on both sites may want to show a little maturity on the other site before he opens a door he can't close.

That said, I'm extremely proud to be associated with the folks on this site and how they have all graciously handled the errors in the book, not to mention other issues with the book.

We could have had a blood-bath by now but everyone has shown amazing maturity, diplomacy (I just learned that word!), and restraint.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/26/2011, 06:53 PM   #14
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm View Post
We could have had a blood-bath by now but everyone has shown amazing maturity, diplomacy (I just learned that word!), and restraint.
Arlie ... if you keep using all those big "10 dollars" words I'll have to get out my dictionary to see what you're talking about ...

Have to agree though, since there seemed to be some nasty comments about Paul's book being posted here a while back. Most of the folks on this site seem to have been pretty good about the long wait. I hope to see our numbered copy shortly as we pre-paid for it long ago too. I guess with a project this big, with that much information to document, there are bound to be a few errors that aren't caught before publication. Hopefully if they are all brought to Paul's attention as they are discovered he will offer to send the book owners a sheet of corrections to slip into the back page ...???

I may have passed my "best before" date, but I haven't reached my "expiry" date!
GT/CS S Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/27/2011, 08:05 AM   #15
Russ

Mustangs Forever

eBay: g350t

As with everyone else, I've waited anxiously for my two books to arrive, and arrive they did last week. I'm happy that the information about my two GT/CS Mustags is accurate, and even happier to note that one of my cars was one of the first hundred built....cool information. Paul has done a wonderful job presenting information about our cars in a beautiful format, and he was considerate enough to present me with numbered books that match my car's VIN's. All I can say is GREAT JOB, and even though they were a long time coming...it was worth the wait. Thanks, Paul!!

Russ

'66 GT 350, (2) GT/CS, '68 GT Coupe, '73 CJ Convertible, '05 GT, '07 Shelby GT, and some Model T Fords
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions