CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 06/27/2004, 07:02 PM   #1
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage
Battery Amps

was wondering if you guys could tell me how many cold cranking amps you have in your batteries? i have a semi-new (1 year old) motorcraft battery in my gt/cs. it has 685 CCA's, should this be enough for my car? i'm having trouble with starting. if i put my charger on my battery and try and start it, it works fine. i can get about 2 turns of the key and it will die. it will not turn at all if i have my lights turned on. want to know if it's my battery (not enouh cca's) or maybe the alternator isn't giving it a good charge? had to get a jump at the gas station today, don't want to go through that again.

thanks
tom
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2004, 07:07 PM   #2
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage
Re:Battery Amps

anybody????? could it possibly be my voltage regulator? it is a brand new (repro) one. i have heard horror stories about these.

thanks
tom
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/30/2004, 11:28 PM   #3
66 Dearborn HCS

Send a message via AIM to 66 Dearborn HCS
Re:Battery Amps

[quote author=Talan423 link=board=1;threadid=986;start=0#msg5553 date=1088647620]
anybody????? could it possibly be my voltage regulator? it is a brand new (repro) one. i have heard horror stories about these.

thanks
tom
[/quote]
I had a similar issue with the 383 powered Plymouth Fury I recently sold. If the choke wasn't shut completely, then the engine wouldn't fire. When the choke was closed it was still real cold blooded. I replaced the voltage regulator and it would start almost instantly no matter where the choke was. I still haven't figured out the link with the choke and why that let the car start or not, but the new regulator changed everything.
66 Dearborn HCS is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions