CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 12/11/2010, 11:03 AM   #1
classicsguy

NOS Hood locks: Are they worth it?

Are the reproductions available on market ok or is it worth to get the Ford Originals? What are your opinions and why?
Thanks!
classicsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Midnight Special
My Car Details

I have cars with both, but because I drive them and don't compete in judged shows, the ones that have repros are fine, and few the wiser. When the day comes when I begin selling them, I will try to apply as many original-spec parts (to include proper alternators, carbs, etc..) as $$ permit to keep the desirability among collectors as high as possible. So, I guess it depends on what your personal preferences are. Like everyone - I try to collect and keep original parts to this end, but I don't always install them on driven cars where they can be subject to wear & tear or etc... for the present moment.

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2010, 04:41 PM   #3
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Real or repro?

If you shop carefully you can probably buy a set of NOS hood locks for nearly the same price you'll pay for repros. I bought our new set in the Ford factory boxes for under $100.00, so they were a good deal. (I kept the old original pair in our spare parts of course ...)

I may have passed my "best before" date, but I haven't reached my "expiry" date!
GT/CS S Code is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions