CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 03/29/2011, 09:03 PM   #1
gazrox
My Car Details

I'm goin' nowhere and I'm in a hurry

Power Steering Control Valve

Has anyone used the Flaming River control valve as a replacement for the Bendix control valve? Interested in opinions before I decide to find a rebuilt Bendix or just buy the new Flaming River unit.

I have a Bendix at the moment but it is beyond rebuilding and I won't get credit for a core.

Thanks.

Gary

Seafoam Green '68 GT/CS
gazrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2011, 04:34 AM   #2
Ruppstang

My Garage
I have not used their control valve but have used their steering box. It was very good. I do not know if your car is all original or has some mods. If it is the latter I would recomend the Borgensen power steering box conversion. I have a fellow club member that used it and he loves it. I think there is a piece about it in this monthes Mustang Monthly. Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2011, 07:00 PM   #3
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
I just installed a Borgeson on a 1966 Fairlane convertible. If you are not a concurs guy, throw that old crap away!!! Borgeson is the stuff!! Or the S__t!!!

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Mosesatm

That looks like a good solution for my car. I removed the PS years ago which is great for driving on the highway but a little rough in parking lots.

Rob, where did you purchase yours? I see Summit and Jegs sell them for $850 and CJ Pony Parts has them for $800.

Did you install your box from the top by removing the booster and the export brace, or from the bottom by removing the exhaust?

Last edited by Mosesatm; 03/30/2011 at 08:22 PM..
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions