CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 02/05/2010, 03:13 AM   #1
mustang.biz

Dealer Number

Any resource on mapping dealer numbers to dealers? I have a bunch of basic Marti's and am not ready to get deluxe (plan on selling most of these cars) but I'd like to get more info.

One that I'm particularly interested in is #71227J (DSO is 72 San Jose)

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Curtis

mustang.biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2010, 10:01 AM   #2
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
I went to the library and ran some micro fish from a large Seattle newspaper from January through May of 1968. Some of the same thing PMN did (copywrited) to get cool adds for the GT/CS.

By doing this I found a whole bunch of sales people names. They were prominently displayed in the ads.

I did a people search and found 2 or 3 or them. One thing they remember like their first kiss is the Ford code of their dealership. One guy was naming off the codes for other local dealers and I had another Marti and he was right on. Of note he says the code for Smith Gandy Ford in Seattle that is on my Marti report is wrong. He was the sales manager there!

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2010, 10:09 AM   #3
JohnnyQuest515
My Car Details

Looking for another GT/CS

You might check this link out:

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1110

Randy

CSX4853
09'GT500KR
JohnnyQuest515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2010, 11:10 AM   #4
Doug
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
I went to the library and ran some micro fish from a large Seattle newspaper from January through May of 1968. Some of the same thing PMN did (copywrited) to get cool adds for the GT/CS.

By doing this I found a whole bunch of sales people names. They were prominently displayed in the ads.

I did a people search and found 2 or 3 or them. One thing they remember like their first kiss is the Ford code of their dealership. One guy was naming off the codes for other local dealers and I had another Marti and he was right on. Of note he says the code for Smith Gandy Ford in Seattle that is on my Marti report is wrong. He was the sales manager there!

Rob
Only a thought -- if a car was originally sold to one dealer (from Ford) and that dealer transferred or traded the car to another dealer who in turn sold it to the consumer the Marti report would show the 1st dealers number. Because that is who Ford delivered that car to.

66 Shelby GT 350, 55 Chev Nomad my sons 07 Shelby GT#4208. SOLD Candy Apple Red 390GTAuto w/air - Now in Australia.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2010, 11:17 AM   #5
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Only a thought -- if a car was originally sold to one dealer (from Ford) and that dealer transferred or traded the car to another dealer who in turn sold it to the consumer the Marti report would show the 1st dealers number. Because that is who Ford delivered that car to.
Doug,
The Marti I have says Smith Gandy Ford, but the wrong dealer code according to the then sales manager. I would suspect that the original Ford record would contain both the name and dealer code of where it was delievered. I doubt that the original record would be updated to which dealer actually sold the car.

but I could be wrong..... again....

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2010, 06:59 PM   #6
gtcs1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang.biz View Post
Any resource on mapping dealer numbers to dealers? I have a bunch of basic Marti's and am not ready to get deluxe (plan on selling most of these cars) but I'd like to get more info.

One that I'm particularly interested in is #71227J (DSO is 72 San Jose)

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Curtis
All of the Marti's I've got shows a different type of dealer number ex; 71A005 (2 digit, 1 letter, 3 digit). Do you have such number on yours. I have a large number of Marti's I could look into to see if I've got your dealer number on, and give you the dealer info.

1968 GT/CS - Highland Green - C Code 289
1973 Mustang Convertible - Bright Green Gold Metallic - H Code 351-2V
gtcs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2010, 09:58 PM   #7
mustang.biz

Thanks for the info folks, I'm actually just going to order the more complete report from Marti, I'm going to want the info eventually anyway

mustang.biz is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions