CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/27/2010, 04:32 PM   #1
mike in CA

$500 Finders Fee to Find 68' Califonia Special Mustang as Described Below

I am looking to buy a 1968 California Special GT/CS Mustang in good running rust free driver condition. I can not afford a fully restored high dollar car so if you car is more than $14K then it is out of my range as that is the very top of my budget. I would like to stay as much under that as possible though. The car must meet these criteria. Must be an Automatic Trans. Due to a disability, I can no longer drive a car with a clutch. It Must have a V8. It Must be an original car and have ALL the parts ON the car that came with the California Special Package, especially the hood locks and original fog lights as they seem to be the things most often missing on these cars. No clones or tributes! Rust free complete and running. I do NOT want a project car. Please contact me if you have one that you either are not using or if you just need some fast money, or if you know of one. Be assured that I am not a dealer and have been a major fan of these cars since they came out in 1968 which was the year I got my drivers license down L.A. where most of these car were sent.. I am only looking for a car in the western U.S. that is in an area that does not salt the roads for snow so the under carriage is not rusted out. If I find one now it will be with me the rest of my life and much cherished. So it will be going to a very good home where it will be well taken care of. Offering a $500 finders fee if they find me a good condition, rust free, good running car as described above resulting in a sale. I realize that the finders fee is attractive, but please check out the car carefully and make sure it meets ALL of my criteria before you contact me.

Cheers

Mike
mike in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2010, 10:07 PM   #2
di81977

Has this one been discussed already (it is also on ebay)?

http://sandiego.en.craigslist.org/cs...571960815.html

Good luck, should be a good time to buy.

Here is a search engine I really like (think it came from someone on this site a while ago)

http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.c...mit=++++go++++

David
di81977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2010, 05:58 AM   #3
Ruppstang

My Garage
Mike I know a guy in S. California that has this unrestored 34K mile car that might work for you. I think is well with in your budget. He traveles a lot I'll try to contact him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	10865  
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2010, 12:34 PM   #4
mike in CA

Thanks much, I will be waiting to hear from you.

Mike
mike in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/29/2010, 07:54 AM   #5
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Mike

Again, good luck. I am just about finished with my cobra build. Miss my GT/CS as well.

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions