• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Help with Hood Stencil & CS Stripes please

jc68gtcs

My stang is in the body shop being prepped right now for it's nice new coat of Seafoam Green. So I am purchasing new side stripes and even though my car wasn't optioned with it, I'm going with the Blacked out hood treatment option that was available in 68. So if anyone can help me out, I'm looking for:

Exact specs on side and trunk stripe placement
and
A stencil kit for the hood stripes.. or exact specs & placement as well

Any help would be appreciated.

franklinair

I've got the info for both- just a matter of keeping my memory jogged. :confused: I found the side stripe measurements on this site, and I have photos & info on hood striping.
Tomorrow I'll TRY to remember to get you the info. Do you have a FAX I can send copies of hood stripe info? PM me to lite a fire under my derrier!

Neil

CoHiCountry

Paul Nuwitt's first Recognition Guide & Owners Manual for the GT/CS has the side and back stripe dimensions on page 51. I do not know about the hood stripes.

Barry

Midnight Special

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

PFSlim

Be careful putting on your new stripes. First, they are not like others that you dip in the water and leave set. You wet down the area, then peel the backing off and apply stripe. Using a wet spong and a nice rubber straight edge, work out the bubbles.

I think all of this is posted in the restoration section on this site. There are several of us who messed this up the first time, figured it out, and then had to order some replacement stripes before we completed the job.

If the body shop is putting them on, make sure they know how to do it.

Best of luck

Paul

franklinair

I sent Jeff the info from the resto thread re: the stripe application, along with the info I have for the hood stripe application.

Neil