CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/13/2010, 05:11 AM   #1
mike in CA

Fraud Special on Ebay

The Medowlark Yellow GT/CS that has been on Ebay recently is a fraudulent listing. If you win, they want you to send full payment by bank wire transfer before they will allow any inspection which means they will be long gone with your money by the time you find out that they don't own the car. They will not give you a phone number or even call you on yours or allow you to see that the car even exists without full payment. I believe their Ebay account identity was stolen. BE CAREFULL!!! Do not send any money on any listings before you verify the car really being sold exsits and never send anything by bank wire transfer.

I have spoken to the owner of the company and indeed his identity was stolen. So his businees is ligitamate and even his listing was ligitamate, but after the sale the identity thief sent out second chance offers using his name and account.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited by mike in CA; 01/13/2010 at 02:55 PM..
mike in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2010, 06:15 AM   #2
Ruppstang

My Garage
Thanks Mike,
There are so many scams. Marty
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2010, 07:17 AM   #3
JohnnyQuest515
My Car Details

Looking for another GT/CS

If it is fraudulent then alert ebay! There is a link on each page where you can talk live and just give them the listing number and they will check it out.

For a while all I did was look for ads such as this, found several each day and most where for Shelby's!

Randy

CSX4853
09'GT500KR
JohnnyQuest515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2010, 02:17 PM   #4
mike in CA

The first thing I did was alert Ebay. I also checked with the dealership that this car is at and they know nothing about any second chance offers. So I am thinking the scammer gets the info from a real account and listing and then sends out second chance offers after the sale. Then asks you to send full payment by bank wire. That was the sure tip off that it was a scam for me. No one does business that way except scammers.

Mike

Last edited by mike in CA; 01/13/2010 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01/13/2010, 07:15 PM   #5
judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in CA View Post
The Medowlark Yellow GT/CS that has been on Ebay recently is a fraudulent listing. If you win, they want you to send full payment by bank wire transfer before they will allow any inspection which means they will be long gone with your money by the time you find out that they don't own the car. They will not give you a phone number or even call you on yours or allow you to see that the car even exists without full payment. I believe their Ebay account identity was stolen. BE CAREFULL!!! Do not send any money on any listings before you verify the car really being sold exsits and never send anything by bank wire transfer.

I have spoken to the owner of the company and indeed his identity was stolen. So his businees is ligitamate and even his listing was ligitamate, but after the sale the identity thief sent out second chance offers using his name and account.

Cheers

Mike
Mike,
This is the owners wife also the owner, just to get the facts straight our account or idenity was not stolen. These scammers just send these emails out by copying and pasting from old adds, and enter fraudulent info. The email was Not sent from our account. We notified Ebay right away about emails being sent to people under our name. These scams happen all the time, so I suggest to be careful and contact the person directly like you did.
Ragards,
Judy
judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/13/2010, 07:41 PM   #6
Mosesatm

Which car are we talking about?
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2010, 06:18 PM   #7
mike in CA

It was the bright yellow one that was on Ebay about two weeks ago.

Mike

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions