CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/07/2004, 03:45 PM   #1
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage
dual exhaust

i am getting ready to install the "dealer installed" type 2" dual exhaust on my gt/cs. a set of turbo style mufflers came with the kit but i am looking towards the flowmaster 40 series instead. the specific mufflers are the 942042's, which is... center inlet / offset outlet. can anyone confirm that these would be the correct mufflers. don't want to buy them and then have them be the wrong configuration. the mufflers that came with the kit aren't marked with inlet and outlet. if anybody is interested in them let me know (still in the box).

thanks in advance
tom
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2004, 06:40 PM   #2
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

Re:dual exhaust

Tom;
Don't know which motor you have but, I'm running the Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 series on my GT/CS with 2.5" pipe and a 390 "S" code. Offset is in front towards the driveline with the center out the back. Exhaust shop I went to told me the 2" pipe was choking the motor. I ran the regular Flowmaster 40 series on my 91 LX 5.0 and had a lot of interior noise but, the car sounded ausome. The Delta Flow series cuts down on interior noise but, still gives you the same performance sound outside the car. I just recently changed from the stock exhaust manifolds to Hooker Ceramic coated full length headers and it really changed the sound of the car. You can definitely tell when your in the throttle. Hope this helps.

Don ;D ;D
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2004, 12:52 AM   #3
Talan423
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to Talan423
My Garage
Re:dual exhaust

don-
i have a 289 engine in my gt/cs so i think i shouldn't have a problem with the 2" pipes. you are the second person who has suggested the delta flows, so maybe i might lean that way. anybody elese have any advise?

thanks
tom
Talan423 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions