CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/23/2009, 10:57 PM   #1
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Thumbs up Today's LONG cruise and dinner ...

Well, we decided to take the 68 GT/CS for a nice long cruise today. Laurie and I took her daughter Alison and our friend Holger that is here visiting with us from Hamburg, Germany along for the company. We went all the way up to Lake Cowichan for a bite of dinner at "The Cow" restaurant and then took the Old Cowichan highway back to Duncan (the "scenic" route rather than the main highway). Then we drove through Cobble Hill and took the back roads past some wineries and small farms. We finally came back out to the main highway and then drove back to Victoria. It made for a wonderful day, and I only had to stop TWICE to re-fill the gas tank. Thirsty thing that 390 4V ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake Cowichan.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	9527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinner at the cow 003 resized.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	9528  

I may have passed my "best before" date, but I haven't reached my "expiry" date!
GT/CS S Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 08:30 AM   #2
JohnnyQuest515
My Car Details

Looking for another GT/CS

I'm jealous. Don't tell me what the temps are because we are in our hottest summer on record. Today will be our 62 day over 100.

Randy

CSX4853
09'GT500KR
JohnnyQuest515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 09:22 AM   #3
Midnight Special
My Car Details

What great fun Al! Indeed, the 390 is lacking completely in economics, but worth every penny when put to good use as yours! Congratulations!

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 09:58 AM   #4
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
I love out of the way restaurants! The “Cow” certainly qualifies on that note! Remember as you already know! “There is more to life than gas mileage”.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2009, 05:21 PM   #5
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Thumbs up

I never even gave a thought to the gas mileage once on the whole trip.

You "pay to play" and the enjoyment of being able to drive this wonderful car makes it worth every cent! Plus while we were parked at the restaurant for dinner, about every 3rd pedestrian walking by would stop to look over the car. (Of course I parked it where I could watch it from the restaurant.) You can't put a price on the feeling that gives you as a classic car owner!
By the way, when we installed the new car stereo last summer I opted for an iPod plug in rather than a CD player and we love it. The stations do not fade in and fade out, especially on an "out of the way" drive like this one was. We plugged it in when we left our driveway and didn't hear the same song twice on the entire trip. In fact, if we left it running it would shuffle its way through about 29 hours worth of continuous music with its current play list. Sure beats taking up a bunch of the trunk room with a multi disc CD changer and it's related wiring ... plus the iPod unit and the plug in hide inside the roll up door of the console where it is out of sight and completely stock looking.

I may have passed my "best before" date, but I haven't reached my "expiry" date!
Old 08/24/2009, 06:29 PM   #6
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT/CS S Code View Post
I never even gave a thought to the gas mileage once on the whole trip.

You "pay to play" and the enjoyment of being able to drive this wonderful car makes it worth every cent! Plus while we were parked at the restaurant for dinner, about every 3rd pedestrian walking by would stop to look over the car. (Of course I parked it where I could watch it from the restaurant.) You can't put a price on the feeling that gives you as a classic car owner!
By the way, when we installed the new car stereo last summer I opted for an iPod plug in rather than a CD player and we love it. The stations do not fade in and fade out, especially on an "out of the way" drive like this one was. We plugged it in when we left our driveway and didn't hear the same song twice on the entire trip. In fact, if we left it running it would shuffle its way through about 29 hours worth of continuous music with its current play list. Sure beats taking up a bunch of the trunk room with a multi disc CD changer and it's related wiring ... plus the iPod unit and the plug in hide inside the roll up door of the console where it is out of sight and completely stock looking.
Ditto on the Ipod, love mine, has over 5000 songs, not sure how long it would play but I'm sure it would go for several days without repeating and it has just about every kind of music imaginable. Pretty wonderful times we live in if you can keep up with it all.

Cory

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/2009, 04:15 PM   #7
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Cool A few late photo additions ...

Here are a few late additions to the photos of this day trip. Our friend Holger from Hamburg, Germany that came along for the drive took a few shots along the way too ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0527 (Medium).JPG
Views:	9
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	9838   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0528 (Medium).JPG
Views:	10
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	9839   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0529 (Medium).JPG
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	9840  

Name:	IMG_0536 (Medium).JPG
Views:	8
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	9841   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0497 (Medium).JPG
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	9842   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518 (Medium).JPG
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	9843  

Name:	IMG_0520 (Medium).JPG
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	9844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0499 (Medium).JPG
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	9845  

Old 09/26/2009, 04:30 PM   #8
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Unhappy Unfortunately ...

Sadly, the insurance ran out on September 5th and so now the GT/CS is languishing in the garage for the winter. The weather is still terrific and it'd be nice to still be driving the car, but we can only get insurance on a 3 month minimum basis ..... bummer!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Is it spring yet resized.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	9846  

Old 09/26/2009, 05:04 PM   #9
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Great pics! Looks beautiful there in Canada. Love the car!

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions