CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 04/03/2010, 10:03 PM   #1
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Smile Colorado Event in 2011?

It is my hope that we can organize an annual event for GT/CS and HCS cars. I am voting for Denver in 2011. The home of the HCS! Then we will migrate East!!

Rob

Last edited by admin; 04/07/2010 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: copied part of other post to split off CO event topic
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2010, 01:09 AM   #2
hicountrybob

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
It is my hope that we can organize and annual event for GT/CS and HCS cars. I am voting for Denver in 2011. The home of the HCS! Then we will migrate East!!

Rob
Hey, Rob, RIGHT ON!!!! DENVER 2011, Father's day weekend for the Rocky Mountain Roundup in the mountain town of Steamboat Springs (140 miles or so west of Denver) where we have a separate class each year for the CAL. and HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS plus another 400 or so Mustangs and other Ford powered cars ie. my '47 Ford (in the autocross), Mercurys, Cobras, a few Ford powered rods and customs, a few Focas's perhaps and ever see a Pilon? In reality, Rob, Denver was the district or division(DSO 51), so our High Country Mustangs were sold by Wyoming, So Dakota, and Nebraska dealers, also, as well as our Colorado and Denver proper dealers. SO, LET'S DO IT, 2011. Hicountry Bob here.

Last edited by admin; 04/07/2010 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: spit from other thread
hicountrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2010, 06:02 AM   #3
Ruppstang

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicountrybob View Post
Hey, Rob, RIGHT ON!!!! DENVER 2011, Father's day weekend for the Rocky Mountain Roundup in the mountain town of Steamboat Springs (140 miles or so west of Denver) where we have a separate class each year for the CAL. and HIGH COUNTRY SPECIALS plus another 400 or so Mustangs and other Ford powered cars ie. my '47 Ford (in the autocross), Mercurys, Cobras, a few Ford powered rods and customs, a few Focas's perhaps and ever see a Pilon? In reality, Rob, Denver was the district or division(DSO 51), so our High Country Mustangs were sold by Wyoming, So Dakota, and Nebraska dealers, also, as well as our Colorado and Denver proper dealers. SO, LET'S DO IT, 2011. Hicountry Bob here.
Great idea guys!!!! I have attended that show many times and it is a first class event. Hopefully our HCS will be complete in the early spring of 2011. That event would be the perfect homecoming for it. I do want to know what Bob is going to cook to show up Rob's Brisket? That might be a tough one.
See you there. Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2010, 09:53 AM   #4
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
I have always wanted to see Denver!! Bob, no need to cook!! And a chance to see your car!!

We can keep these things very simple. Just use a member in the area to pick a show and help us with directions and the best Hotels to book!!

I think a picnic someplace where the group can get together is a plus. Buy a beer or softdrink and throw some bucks in a hat and have Domino's deliver!!!

Tim's gathering at Grass Valley was ultra perfect. He had the room for lots of visitors and we roamed around and felt the love! And he had tools to play with the cars!! You have to see Steve wick get into it!! Diving under dashes looking for that elusive bad connection!

Bob, sounds like you have the event for 2011! I WILL BE THERE!!!

Rob
Old 04/04/2010, 02:43 PM   #5
frank s

At Play

So, Rocky Mountain MUSTANG Roundup. Looks like a good adventure.

Just be careful when you Goooogle for it: the "MUSTANG" part turns out to be important.

Frank S
San Diego CA USA
S197 GT/CS x 2
frank s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2010, 05:06 PM   #6
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
Quote:
Tim's gathering at Grass Valley was ultra perfect. He had the room for lots of visitors and we roamed around and felt the love! And he had tools to play with the cars!! You have to see Steve wick get into it!! Diving under dashes looking for that elusive bad connection!

Rob
Rob's just trying to protect my reputation, but I've been going to therapy for 6 months now and can finally tell the truth. There I was, not bothering anybody, just minding my own business, when suddenly this big fire flared up on the patio. I threw my Pina Colada on it to put it out, but that just seemed to make it worse. In fear for my life, I ran for cover, screaming like a little girl. Brother Rob found me about an hour later cowering under the dash of Rene's car, shaking uncontrollably. He was able to coax me out by telling me the Grass Valley Volunteer Fire Dept showed up in a vintage LaFrance fire truck and beat down the flames. He came up with some macho story to cover my shame, but it's ok, I'm comfortable with the truth now.

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2010, 07:16 PM   #7
Midnight Special
My Car Details

....And out of all that chaos - Renee's turn signals, brake lights, steering and even throttle linkage magically began working like new again! Amazing!!...

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2010, 06:20 PM   #8
J_Speegle

Quote:
All,
It is my hope that we can organize an annual event for GT/CS and HCS cars. I am voting for Denver in 2011. The home of the HCS! Then we will migrate East!!
Will not argue if the Shelby owners care or do not about having the Specials at the show. We will not know till it happens and is over.

About having an event for the cars you might want to consider choosing a site every year or every other year and tie it to another larger show (different one depending on the year)

The Boss guys have been successful at doing this. Normally the larger group running the show like the added feature of the car, will provide a meeting room and other support for the group. The general idea is that the larger group does all the hard work (parking, organization, .......) and you get a bonus

They have used Mid-America, Carisle, and other big shows. Just a thought

Jeff Speegle
C U @ ConcoursMustang.com
J_Speegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2010, 08:39 PM   #9
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Speegle View Post
Will not argue if the Shelby owners care or do not about having the Specials at the show. We will not know till it happens and is over.

About having an event for the cars you might want to consider choosing a site every year or every other year and tie it to another larger show (different one depending on the year)

The Boss guys have been successful at doing this. Normally the larger group running the show like the added feature of the car, will provide a meeting room and other support for the group. The general idea is that the larger group does all the hard work (parking, organization, .......) and you get a bonus

They have used Mid-America, Carisle, and other big shows. Just a thought
I agree with you Jeff.
We have tried that with Carlisle and Knotts, etc
The problem is we're so spread out across the country (countries I should say) and so few in number it seems difficult to get more than a handful at one place.

We've been doing Carlisle the last 3 years - first year we had 20+ cars between early and late models - last year we had only 2 68's on the showfield and 2 in the invitation building and a decent turnout of late models on the showfield.

Hoping for a decent number this year - we have at least 3 68's that I know of so far but I don't think we'll hit 10 68's.

Too bad we aren't more concentrated - this is a great group of owners that I think would embrace the concept!
The logistics are the problem.

I think out on west coast it could be very successful using this concept since there is a greater concentration out that way.

I'm all for it if we could pull it off.

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2010, 05:37 AM   #10
Ruppstang

My Garage
Once again I think Hicountry Bob's suggestion is a great one. Steamboat Springs CO. is a great show about 500 cars, has a driving event, has many hotel rooms and condos to rent and is more centered in the country. May be several sites could be offered and a poll taken to see where most of us would like to meet. Just my 2 cents Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2010, 08:50 AM   #11
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Denver!!!!
Old 04/06/2010, 09:00 AM   #12
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

July 15, 16, 17, 18 in Seattle Wash!!

Quote:
sorry, a big no here. I will bump the Mustangs NW thread to the top. We hope to get a large group of people to attend! Rob
Thank you, Rob, for choosing the MCA Grand National in Seattle for your summer show.

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2010, 04:31 PM   #13
Mosesatm

Quote:
Denver!!!!
No reason we can't do both Denver and Steamboat.

We can have a gathering in Denver, then those that want to drive to Steamboat can take that beautiful 3 hour trip through the mountains.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2010, 05:37 PM   #14
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
STEAMBOAT!!!!! Thought that was close enough to be DENVER!!!

I want to go to Bob Teets and HCS land!! Anyway, close enough to suck the rest of the HCS guys from the surrounding states!!

Rob
Old 04/06/2010, 06:21 PM   #15
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Denver!!!!
Wow Rob, you're almost as far from Denver as I am!

Google Maps says 22 hours for you and just over 24 hours for me.

I would have thought you would have been much closer.

Looks like my route could take me past a lot of the CS crews towns - through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and into Colorado.

I think there is a CS or HCS owner on the site in almost every one of those states. We could build one heck of a growing caravan on that route.

Specials Across America!

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions