CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 10/21/2008, 10:46 AM   #1
PNewitt

For Late Model CS owner's Eyes ONLY..

HEY! You early model owners, stay out! This is just for the late model people.... (LOL--kidding...).

I wanted to treat the late model GT/CS owners to a little treat. This is a (partial) photo of one of the test cars on a car carrier at the Ford plant in Dearborn. This prototype includes chrome headlight pieces, black louvers, hood scopp, GT top stripes, and a Ford Racing logo on the fender.

This is the direction of new excitement that the Mustang variant folks at Ford are going....lots of new things to look forward to: Custom parts, mods, etc...!! The folks in the Mustang variant dept.,are really dedicated to make the GT/CS everything that you've hoped for.

A couple of other things: We found a part of the VIN code that identifies GT/CS-Only (fake identifier); and I'll have a list of all the parts that make up a GT/CS (add/delete) on a GT coupe. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I can't say much more right now, but I wanted to show the late model folks that I'm VERY serious and dedicated to the heritage of this very cool Mustang--by posting this preview photo!!

More excitement is coming!! Stay tuned!!!

Paul Newitt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	7820  
Old 10/21/2008, 12:44 PM   #2
ahainline

very cool.. interested to see exactly what "mods" and custom parts they are going to put on these cars

~ Tony
ahainline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2008, 05:06 PM   #3
J.Bart
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to J.Bart
cool, can't wait

jbart
J.Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2008, 05:41 PM   #4
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Stop the train, hold on. This is under cover, right? You're saying this is a 2010 version? How many more years are they making the late LIMITED PRODUCTION Special?

<<grumpy in Seattle>>

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2008, 06:11 PM   #5
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
I cheated (an early model C/S owner). One day i might have to buy one of these puppies. I love the late model vehicle engineering. I might even have to learn how to work on them, too!!

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2008, 06:17 PM   #6
albegtcs
My Car Details

Aemoo28 has a good point, are they continuing the GT/CS for 2010? At this rate the GT/CS will be about as “special” and “limited production” as a F 150.
albegtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2008, 07:52 PM   #7
Ladystang
My Car Details

Member of South Jersey Mustang Club

I certainly hope they do not continue to make this model. I'm beginning to lose faith in Ford. I still love my car, but it was suppose to be Limited.
Ladystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2008, 09:53 PM   #8
PNewitt

Whoa, Nellie...
No one said anything about 2010.

Even with about 7,500 per year (about 150 cars per state), that's STILL a limited edition, compared to total Mustang production. But I understand anyone's dissappointment, after the 2007-08 run. Some dealers definately mislead folks when they bought theirs. Each year has it's desired features, colors, etc.

The Bullitt production was 7,700. The other side of this dbl. edged sword is that a few more cars will provide more exposure and desire. A "Too Limited" production might not let enough people know just what it is.

After 40 years, people still haven't seen the '68 version.

Paul N.
Old 10/22/2008, 04:51 PM   #9
QuarterHorse
My Car Details

It is obvious from the photo that this is not a 2010 Mustang. Hopefully the production of the GT/CS stops at 2009.

Paul the VIN code news is exciting. However, I'm less than impressed with the aftermarket parts I'm seeing in the photo. They really aren't anything that I haven't seen before.

Skip

"Bold moves happen in this car every day, the kind that get you arrested. There are some vehicles with undeniable purpose. Flatbed trucks carry stuff, Escalades abet social posturing, and the Mustang GT facilitates hooliganism." Car & Driver - 2007
QuarterHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2008, 04:32 AM   #10
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Ha I got everyone excited. How can you tell by the photo it's a 2009?

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2008, 09:21 AM   #11
J.Bart
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to J.Bart
the 2010 does not have the body line over the fender, they smoothed it out.

jbart
J.Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2008, 10:34 AM   #12
GTCS07
My Car Details

Car sold

The vin # is good news. The rest is aftermarket looking stuff that has been out for years. Why they didn't number the cars like they did with the Bullitt is the real mystery. Even after 3 years of late model production most people around me still don't know what my car is.
GTCS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2008, 10:02 AM   #13
Mustang1
My Car Details

Black Mamba

2010 has the front styled after the GT500, I believe also.
Mustang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2008, 02:22 PM   #14
Dougxox
My Car Details

the 2010 has the antenna on the rear fender, that shot has it still on the front.
Dougxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2009, 07:10 PM   #15
frank s

At Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
HEY! You early model owners, stay out! This is just for the late model people.... (LOL--kidding...).

[ ... ]

A couple of other things: We found a part of the VIN code that identifies GT/CS-Only (fake identifier); and I'll have a list of all the parts that make up a GT/CS (add/delete) on a GT coupe. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

[ ... ]

More excitement is coming!! Stay tuned!!!

Paul Newitt.
Did I miss the revelation from this October, 2008, bit of excitement? Any new news? Has the iceberg slud into the sea?

--
Frank S
San Diego CA USA
frank s is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions