CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 09/21/2008, 02:28 PM   #1
CraigB
My Car Details

GT/CS with GT Equipment group

Are there any differences between a GT/CS with GT Equipment Group and a normal 68 GT other than the GT/CS specific items?

What GT Equipment Group items override GT/CS items and visa versa, i.e. is the gas cap the GT or GT/CS gas cap?

I can't seem o find any specific details on this in the forums.

Thanks

ctb
CraigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2008, 04:19 PM   #2
GTCSMustang

A normal Mustang GT gas cap and fog lights are overridden by the GT/CS gas cap and fog lights.

There may be oher items, but that's what I can come up with.

Scott

68.5 Blck Mustang CJ Cnvrt, 68 Lme Gld GT/CS, 68 Rd HCS (fact 428), 68 Ac Bl Mustang GT Cnvrt, 68 Ylw GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Hlnd Grn GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Gld G.T. 500 Cnvrt, 68 Ryl Maroon Mustang Sprint Cpe, 68.5 Hlnd Grn Fstbck, 68.5 Ylw Mustang Fstbck. Visit my website www.scottfullerreproductions.com .
GTCSMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2008, 06:32 PM   #3
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Deletion of the "C " stripes. As mentioned before, the gas cap and the fog lights. Grill is blacked out without the Mustang emblem and the trim on the inside of the grill.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2008, 07:07 PM   #4
Mosesatm

No "GT" emblems on the front fenders.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2008, 03:15 PM   #5
CraigB
My Car Details

So visually how can you tell that a GT/CS is also a GT ?
CraigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2008, 11:10 AM   #6
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Many things of the GT group are easy to add. Dual exhaust, with quad tips and rear valance with the cut outs. Heavy duty suspension which gave stiffer spirngs which is nearly impossible to discern without disassembly. Heavy duty sway bar of 1 inch diameter.

If you can get the car up in the air and inspect the exhaust system and rear valance it may shed some light. The stock system will have matching left and right exhaust hangers just in front of the rear end. They should attach by two bolts that go up into "capture" nuts in a bulge in the floor pan up about a foot from the bottom of the floor pans. Not a tell all, but if the exhaust system is completely custom, then it may have been added. Custom exhaust hangers normally are attached by easy to notice bolts right through the turn of the floor pan behind the back of the back seat.

Second if you can inspect the rear valance and find a date stamping on it, it should be within a few days of the date stamps on the rear quarter panels and front fenders. If it has not lost those also. At the same time I have seen cars with date codes that are a couple months apart.

But if you see a custom exhaust and a repop or new rear valance, you might ask a question or two.

A Marti report is very cheap and also will state if it has the GT group.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions