CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/28/2008, 08:38 PM   #1
PNewitt

Need Small Toy GT/CSs for Book.

I was sent the Maroon GT/CS, made by Greenlight (1/64th scale), by Donna (thank you, Donna!), and I need the other one--the one called the "Custom 1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS", that is green. I need this one to photograph both for the book. I've been looking everywhere--and I think I missed getting them when they were originally available.

I also would like to get one (or both?) of the late model GT/CS metal toy cars. I think they were white and blue?? They have the late model side stripes on them, too. I think they are about 1/32nd scale, or about 5 inches long?

If anyone has these, I'd sure like a set to photograph for the book. I can borrow them as well, and return them to you.

Thanks!

Paul N.
Old 08/28/2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Paul,
I just picked up another set, maroon and green at K~Mart last week. They are very hard to find but I keep looking. If you can't find one I'll loan you my green one. Let me know if time gets tight and you can't find one.

Donna

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 43 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2008, 03:43 AM   #3
68gt390
My Car Details

The car that became a diecast

These ones are on ebay. Have seen several of these lately here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320290533667

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220273493590

Don

68 GT/CS 390 "S" Code, 4 spd, 93 LX Hatchback Supercharged
68gt390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2008, 07:17 AM   #4
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Paul

Are you wanting one of the large (orginial blue) cars? If so, I think I can provide one.

Let me know

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/29/2008, 11:04 PM   #5
GTCS07
My Car Details

Car sold

Both the early and late models also came in a dark green metallic and were called "Green machines". These were limited to around 100 cars. Hard to find and expensive when you do. (About $50.00 avg.) I have all 4 of the regular ones and the '07 coupe in Green machine as well. They are all serial numbered on the chassis by the way. They are all 1/64th scale.
GTCS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2008, 04:25 PM   #6
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

I have access to a blue '07 CS hotwheel production.

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2008, 10:20 PM   #7
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCS07 View Post
Both the early and late models also came in a dark green metallic and were called "Green machines". These were limited to around 100 cars. Hard to find and expensive when you do. (About $50.00 avg.) I have all 4 of the regular ones and the '07 coupe in Green machine as well. They are all serial numbered on the chassis by the way. They are all 1/64th scale.
Hi!

If you could get a good color photo of those 1/64th cars (each set at a 3/4 view, with perhaps a curved piece of grey art board as a background, that would be great!! I'd need it as a 300dpi image for the book.

Let me know what is possible....and of course, I'll give you credit for your efforts.

Thank you very much!

Paul.
Old 08/30/2008, 10:22 PM   #8
PNewitt

Donna, Don and Paul....

I'll get back to you as I near that part of the book (in the back of the book- "GT/CS Collectibles").

Thanks for your help -- and stay tuned...

Paul.
Old 08/31/2008, 07:44 AM   #9
GTCS07
My Car Details

Car sold

I'll shoot something Tues. and send it to you Paul. I'll take different shots so you can choose what works for you.

Mike
Old 09/01/2008, 02:14 PM   #10
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Do you need any photos of the Red and White one?

Hi Paul,
Did you need any photos of the Greenlight GT/CS in Red and White that was listed for sale on eBay in the link that Don listed in this thread? I was the winning bidder, so should have it in our hands shortly. We could shoot you some pictures and send them along if you need them.
We bought it to use for display with our car, but will likely repaint the white top in red so that it will better match our car.
Cheers,
Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code

PS: Went looking for suitable photo shoot locations for the calendar submission shot yesterday. Might try this one again in better light (without the shade) ...... it wasn't the best time of day to shoot the picture, not enough sun.
We finally got the factory GT wheels and new T/A's installed, but will have to do a rear quartering shot for the calendar photo since the Lucas fogs and proper grill still aren't installed yet! With luck I should pick them up from the paint shop next week ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1668 resized.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	7591  

I may have passed my "best before" date, but I haven't reached my "expiry" date!
GT/CS S Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2008, 08:12 PM   #11
QuarterHorse
My Car Details

Paul: I have the late model versions of the greenlight GT/CS 1:64 scale in my collector case. I can try to take a few photos if you still need them.

"Bold moves happen in this car every day, the kind that get you arrested. There are some vehicles with undeniable purpose. Flatbed trucks carry stuff, Escalades abet social posturing, and the Mustang GT facilitates hooliganism." Car & Driver - 2007
QuarterHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2008, 08:27 PM   #12
GT/CS S Code
My Car Details

My Garage
Paul, do you need photos of this version?

The red GT/CS Greenlight Mustang that I bought on eBay just arrived in the mail. Do you need any photos of this version Paul? If so, we can shoot you a few ....
Let me know.
Cheers,
Al & Laurie
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Greenlight red 68 GTCS.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	7737  

I may have passed my "best before" date, but I haven't reached my "expiry" date!
GT/CS S Code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2008, 10:10 PM   #13
QuarterHorse
My Car Details

Paul....

I had a thought. Greenlight toys keeps a photo archive of their cars, both loose and in the package, on their website. Maybe you can contact them and ask permission for the use of their photos. I have found them to be a very responsive company. Take a look here: http://www.greenlightcollectibles.co...d=4&prodid=222 and click on the area that says "View Package".

Skip

"Bold moves happen in this car every day, the kind that get you arrested. There are some vehicles with undeniable purpose. Flatbed trucks carry stuff, Escalades abet social posturing, and the Mustang GT facilitates hooliganism." Car & Driver - 2007
QuarterHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/2008, 09:45 PM   #14
GTCS07
My Car Details

Car sold

I got a new camera and took photos of mine but wasn't happy with the results. I realized after that I needed to change a setting. I'll shoot again tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00140.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	7747  

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions