CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/24/2008, 09:38 PM   #1
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Pebble Beige anyone?

Anyone out there have any photos of a "68 Pebble Beige GT/CS? I'd like to see what mine will look like if I paint it back to its original color.

I wonder, how many were made in this color? Hmmm? (I'm taking this moment and relishing it- do you know why??)

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/24/2008, 11:29 PM   #2
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoo28 View Post
I wonder, how many were made in this color? Hmmm? (I'm taking this moment and relishing it- do you know why??)
<<raising hand high>> I know,I know!!! (but I can't tell yet)....

Pebble Beige makes me think of the color of women's foundation makeup color. Kinda tan, kinda.....ugh!!

Paul.

p.s. I like the idea of "my blood" RED stripes on it when it's "Seattle Goth" black.
Old 08/24/2008, 11:34 PM   #3
J.Bart
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to J.Bart
i don't know how many were cs's, but i do know how many total 68's were pebble beige.
what is your interior trim code?
i have one of marti's books

jbart
J.Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 12:25 AM   #4
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Interior trim code? 8RO1C150193? Maybe it's #1631-A. That's the number beside the '8' paint code exterior. The inside is black, so I'm thinking the exterior stripe should be black when painted back to PB? Right?

What color should I have the stripes for the black exterior? Would black stripes even show up? Right now I have Hertz gold GT/CS stripe kit. I'm leaning towards white stripes because the Master says so.

What do y'all think?

Old 08/25/2008, 12:35 AM   #5
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...Here's how the black w/ gold looks. That's all I can say...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0466.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	7536  

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 06:19 AM   #6
Mosesatm

Quote:
Interior trim code? 8RO1C150193? Maybe it's #1631-A. That's the number beside the '8' paint code exterior. The inside is black, so I'm thinking the exterior stripe should be black when painted back to PB? Right?

What color should I have the stripes for the black exterior? Would black stripes even show up? Right now I have Hertz gold GT/CS stripe kit. I'm leaning towards white stripes because the Master says so.

What do y'all think?
Another vote for gold
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 08:11 AM   #7
somethingspecial

My Garage
[QUOTE=aemoo28;
What color should I have the stripes for the black exterior? Would black stripes even show up? Right now I have Hertz gold GT/CS stripe kit. What do y'all think?[/QUOTE]

I have always liked the red stripe on the black. Kinda reminds me of a Black Widow. Mike
somethingspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 08:37 AM   #8
davidathans
My Car Details

Best e.t. : 11.042, Fastest speed: 124.08, Best 60' : 1.615, 0 to 100 in 6.98

white stripes. we could be twins haha
davidathans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 08:47 AM   #9
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
There is NO question in my mind. You have the absolute best color combination already in place. Black/Black/Gold Stripe. "It don't get no better'n that." The ONLY thing I would consider changing would be to install the Deluxe Interior (Black, naturally).

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 08:48 AM   #10
J.Bart
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to J.Bart
it should be a two digit "number- letter" code to the right of color on the door tag. something like 2A or 7A

jbart
J.Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 09:02 AM   #11
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Her interior trim code is 2f for saddle standard bucket seats, mine is too. She`s got her Marti posted on the other thread. Amy, I think you should change your car back to the original colors. Here are some non-GT/CS pics for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68-pebble beige.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	7538   Click image for larger version

Name:	68 pebble beige.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	7539   Click image for larger version

Name:	05_12saddle3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	7540  

Last edited by Mustanglvr; 08/26/2008 at 04:08 PM..

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 09:14 AM   #12
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Quote:

What do y'all think?
Amy, your exterior paint code number is 6 not 8.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 11:22 AM   #13
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Oh my. All of this well intentioned advice. I thought the original intent was that Amy wanted a Black C/S. True? The car is just out of the paint shop. True? What's with the color change at this stage of the game? Please don't say that it's not the color it was "born" with. Some folks believe that's the only true method of restoration. I don't. I say build it the way you want it, and enjoy it. Door tags can be modified to reflect the car's present color/combos. Even if you show it in MCA, they don't ask for or require the Marti Report to verify the car's configuration at birth. Make it any color you like. Just be prepared to spend $8K or more to do it right. My 2 cents worth.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/2008, 02:23 PM   #14
PNewitt

That black paint on Amy's CS is pretty nice...and to take it back to PB would be quite a job. I think while she's working on the mechanical parts...it should stay black.

I find that gold stripes tend to make people think that it's a clone. It's a non-stock color, and although it might look neat, it "isn't right". The white stripes are so stark that you can see the car a LONG ways away.... As old as these cars are...I'd stick with stock stripe colors in a traditional sense of restoration.

I've seen the red stripes, too. Quite nice! Amy--go get some red and white electrical tape at a hardware store, and try out places on the car, to see what you think. Just three foot sections...just as a test.

Paul N.
Old 08/25/2008, 02:45 PM   #15
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post
The ONLY thing I would consider changing would be to install the Deluxe Interior (Black, naturally).

Neil
Tell me about the 'deluxe interior', Neil. Remember I am a student now in this school of '68 GT/CS. How is it different than standard interior?

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions