CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/27/2008, 05:32 PM   #1
PNewitt

GT/CS Book Status / Update

I wanted to take a moment to bring everyone up to date with the status of the GT/CS Book. This project has taken a long time and it has been a very expensive and complicated project for me to produce. Here are some details about what is currently happening:

The Ford Licence is in place, and I now have access to their photo archives, in which there is one GT/SC prototype of great interest.

The Liability Insurance for the book ($3M policy) is still being processed.

I'm in the final stages of choosing a printer, after a long process of deciding between five potential commercial printers. I must have this book printed in the USA, not "overseas".., and it will be printed on fine, 100% recycled paper from New Leaf Paper in San Francisco.

My second interview with Lee Grey is completed, and I just completed one with Tom McIntyre of ACSCO, which led to photographing his prototype hood pins that led to the CS pins. I also learned a lot more about the origin of the rear script.

I have chased down many photos for the book, and have some new, never-before-seen photos of Little Red, and I may get one of it in color.

The entire book has been what is called "fleshed out", meaning that every page has been mocked up, and determined as to what goes where. All 224 pages have been dedicated to text and photos.

The late model section has been expanded because of new material, due to the great interest these new GT/CSs have generated.

So, you're probably thinking...when will it be done? I need a minimum of five weeks to do the layouts. The Registry is all there, it just needs to be meticulously edited, and checked. I must have about 300 copies of Marti Reports from owners (thank y0u!). Once it's all done (about Mid-August), then Ford needs to get a look at it, then it goes to print, which will take another four weeks. I want this project done by Sept. at the latest. My apologies for those who expected it sooner.

I REALLY appreciate the payments coming in, especially the $50 balance payments that help me a lot. And, yes, I'm still accepting registrations for both the '68 and 2007-08 GT/CS Mustangs.

I will keep you advised on this thread to how it's going., 'cause I know that many of you have been wondering how it is coming along.

Thank for for your patience.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617.
Old 05/27/2008, 06:58 PM   #2
albegtcs
My Car Details

Paul,

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear you have added extra material for us owners of the 07-09 models. I look forward to seeing the completed book.

How many books have been ordered ?
albegtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/2008, 07:04 PM   #3
murf104

Paul, what do you mean when you say you are "still accepting registrations for the 68s"? I just purchased one have the marti report but I do not think that you have it. Is it too late?
murf104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2008, 03:46 AM   #4
Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf104 View Post
Paul, what do you mean when you say you are "still accepting registrations for the 68s"? I just purchased one have the marti report but I do not think that you have it. Is it too late?
I too am like murf104. I recently acquired a GT/CS and have the Marti report in hand. Would love to have it included if possible.
Magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/28/2008, 08:04 AM   #5
08GTCandyApple
My Car Details

I would like to know what you mean when you say that you are still accepting registrations. Being a rather recent member of the forum, I thought I had missed any deadlines for information to be included in your book. If it is not too late, please let me know and I will send information today! :)
08GTCandyApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/31/2008, 02:11 PM   #6
QuarterHorse
My Car Details

Paul:

Thanks for the update. I am very excited to have the finished product in my hands :)

"Bold moves happen in this car every day, the kind that get you arrested. There are some vehicles with undeniable purpose. Flatbed trucks carry stuff, Escalades abet social posturing, and the Mustang GT facilitates hooliganism." Car & Driver - 2007
QuarterHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2008, 08:45 PM   #7
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by albegtcs View Post
Paul,

Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear you have added extra material for us owners of the 07-09 models. I look forward to seeing the completed book.

How many books have been ordered ?
As of right now, I have only 250 books ordered. I thought that out of 900 members, I'd have many more orders by now. I can't complain, many people have pre-ordered, and I DO appreciate those pre-orders very, very much!

Paul.
Old 06/09/2008, 08:48 PM   #8
PNewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf104 View Post
Like a few others--please just send in your registrations ASAP.

Send me your VIN, door data plate info, a Marti Report (copy), and any photos you have on a CD to:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

This includes 1968, 2007, and 2008 GT/CS Mustangs.

thanks, Paul.
Old 06/09/2008, 09:01 PM   #9
PNewitt

Here is what happened today....(anguish!)

I loaded Adobe's InDesign C3 into my Mac (OX 10.4), and went to open it, and it wouldn't take my old Pagemaker 6.5 registration number... Which, to say the least is VERY frustrating...

And--you know, this software is too hard to learn in a short amount of time anyway, so, I decide to use my trusty Pagemaker 6.5 on my G3. The heck with that new stuff... I'll still get the beautiful results I want. I'll just have to work a little harder.

And..the printer that I'm probably going with says that they don't accept that old version of Pagemaker--but will accept a .pdf file version...so no worries. Their tech guy will carry me through.

The hoops I have to jump through...!!!

A neat page template with grids for type was made tonight, and this week, and the next few weeks, I can let'r rip, doing page layouts like a madman. Whew!! I'll post a few low rez page samples here as they develop.

I had a follow up question today with a source, and the CS script WAS influenced by the '67 Cougar script in the same area of the car. Right down to the shape of the letter "C".

I'll keep you posted as it develops.

The liability insurance is coming along, too. But, it WILL be expensive.

Maybe I'll sell more copies once people know (when) it's out. And, you know, the economy is tough, and I understand how $100 is a lot for one book ($100 fills some gas tanks these days...)

thanks!
Paul.
Old 06/09/2008, 11:33 PM   #10
Doug
My Car Details

"Maybe I'll sell more copies once people know (when) it's out. And, you know, the economy is tough, and I understand how $100 is a lot for one book ($100 fills some gas tanks these days...)"

But not my Landcruiser - I am glad I ordered some books before gas prices sky-rocketed.

66 Shelby GT 350, 55 Chev Nomad my sons 07 Shelby GT#4208. SOLD Candy Apple Red 390GTAuto w/air - Now in Australia.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2008, 06:05 AM   #11
Aussie67
My Car Details

"Just Livin It"

Hi Paul

I just sent a PM. I never received a letter from you as previously discussed, but I would still love to get me car registered for your publication.

Thanks.

2007 GT/CS - Personalised Plate - "Aussie01"
Black with Black / Parchment Interior, 18" Chrome Aluminium Wheels, Roush Light Bar, Steeda Hood Kit,
BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Intake Plenum, Hypertech Programmer,Flowmaster Axle Back Exhaust
Aussie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2008, 09:24 AM   #12
PNewitt

Hi Aussie-Your book information went out today.

If anyone else needs information on the book, to save time and effort, send me an SASE to:

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registry
P.O.Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

thanks!!

Paul.
Old 06/14/2008, 02:16 PM   #13
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
As of right now, I have only 250 books ordered. I thought that out of 900 members, I'd have many more orders by now. I can't complain, many people have pre-ordered, and I DO appreciate those pre-orders very, very much!

Paul.
That is interesting but if you look there are only 371 active members. I assume that number are those that visit the site, post etc.

I am still surprised though because I know myself and others have ordered multiple copies.

My guess is once it's out then people will jump on it.

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2008, 08:07 PM   #14
PNewitt

I meant that there are 900 people on my own mailing list, and about 95% of those have cars in my registry.

You are right--some people will buy once they see it out...and I think that once people get their (advance) copy, they will want another one.

That works for me!!

Paul.

p.s. The layouts are coming along nicely. I just got some nice Milpitas factory photos from collector Paul McLaughlin last week. I also colorized the Little Red B&W photos, as seen in my avatar photo. I also picked a printer in Sacramento--it will be printed in the USA, and on 100% recycled paper.
Old 06/15/2008, 08:01 AM   #15
nfrntau
My Car Details

My Garage
Paul,
In reading this thread the following thought occurred to me.
Are the new registry GT/CS count figures current updates from known sources or are they known updates including old info on cars from the previous registry books.
If a car was in a previous registry but you have not been able to verify that the car still exists today is there an identifier indicating uncertainty?
I know you have mentioned cars with marti reports provided will be identified. Just curious on the other.
Thanks
Bill

You may make it without friends; but with them, you can do anything.
nfrntau is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions