CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 08/04/2008, 12:05 PM   #1
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Items/Info needed

Could someone e-mail me photos of a Nugget Gold Deluxe Interior? (franklinair@verizon.net)
Also, looking for bumper guards (front & rear) if anyone is willing to sell/part with them.
Ron (Clubpro) is checking on a list of parts I need to rejuvinate the '68 convert I just got.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2008, 03:19 PM   #2
GTCSMustang

So how does the low-mileage convert look? As described?

Scott

68.5 Blck Mustang CJ Cnvrt, 68 Lme Gld GT/CS, 68 Rd HCS (fact 428), 68 Ac Bl Mustang GT Cnvrt, 68 Ylw GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Hlnd Grn GT500KR Cnvrt, 68 Gld G.T. 500 Cnvrt, 68 Ryl Maroon Mustang Sprint Cpe, 68.5 Hlnd Grn Fstbck, 68.5 Ylw Mustang Fstbck. Visit my website www.scottfullerreproductions.com .
GTCSMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2008, 03:44 PM   #3
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Wellll, low mileage is in the eye of the beholder. 104,440 I think is closer to reality. The GOOD part is, it's really original, in very good condition. Just a lot of cleaning, detailing, etc. I do have the name of the prev owner in MI, and I'll call them to see if i can get more history on the car. But overall, I am pleased with the car & its condition. It won't take too long and I'll have it 'creampuffed'!
Thanks for asking.

Neil
Old 08/04/2008, 05:30 PM   #4
Mosesatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post
Could someone e-mail me photos of a Nugget Gold Deluxe Interior? (franklinair@verizon.net)
Also, looking for bumper guards (front & rear) if anyone is willing to sell/part with them.
Ron (Clubpro) is checking on a list of parts I need to rejuvinate the '68 convert I just got.

Neil
Does anyone know whether the Green Hornet had a Nugget Gold or Ivy Gold interior?

ETA: I checked a few old threads and everyone seems to agree that the Green Hornet's interior is deluxe Ivy Gold.

Sorry, Neil that doesn't do you much good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Standard Interior colors.pdg.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	7360  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Standard Interior colors.pdg.pdf (30.5 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Mosesatm; 08/04/2008 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Edited to Add Line
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2008, 06:04 PM   #5
Mosesatm

Here's a standard Nugget Gold interior.
http://www.billsclassiccars.com/carpages/68goldgt.html

We're getting closer.
Old 08/04/2008, 06:25 PM   #6
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTCSMustang View Post
So how does the low-mileage convert look? As described?

Scott
I agree with Scott, how`s the "vert" look Neil? Still waiting on pics.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2008, 06:26 PM   #7
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
My plan is to go deluxe with the interior. Ron (clubpro) was a BIG help in getting me stuff I need. Some questions arise though, about correct color combos. I recall Nugget Gold interiors with color keyed seat belts, carpet, dashpad. Most that you see nowadays have Black seat belts, carpet, dashpad (as does this car). I'm going to add the Black 'C' stripe to match the black conv top, but I'd like to make the interior predominently in the Nugget Gold scheme (dark & light). That's why I want to see photos depicting colors, especially for the deluxe door panels. Past experience has taught me that in order to have TRUE matching interior colors, it has to be custom mixed to be uniform. I'm also going to be on the lookout for SS wheels (used - new ones are too pricey). No particular preference Argent or Chrome. I had put my last set of Argents on my C/S, and I like the look. But my stash of spare 'stuff' has dwindled over the years, so now I have to search for a lot of items.

Neil

P.S.
I have a J code 4 barrel that I don't plan on using on this car. I'm sure it needs O/H, and I have a brand new Edelbrock 4V to use. What's the value of these originals, and does anyone want/need one?
Old 08/04/2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Mosesatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinair View Post
My plan is to go deluxe with the interior. Ron (clubpro) was a BIG help in getting me stuff I need. Some questions arise though, about correct color combos. I recall Nugget Gold interiors with color keyed seat belts, carpet, dashpad. Most that you see nowadays have Black seat belts, carpet, dashpad (as does this car). I'm going to add the Black 'C' stripe to match the black conv top, but I'd like to make the interior predominently in the Nugget Gold scheme (dark & light). That's why I want to see photos depicting colors, especially for the deluxe door panels. Past experience has taught me that in order to have TRUE matching interior colors, it has to be custom mixed to be uniform. I'm also going to be on the lookout for SS wheels (used - new ones are too pricey). No particular preference Argent or Chrome. I had put my last set of Argents on my C/S, and I like the look. But my stash of spare 'stuff' has dwindled over the years, so now I have to search for a lot of items.

Neil
Laurel Mountain Mustang sells a complete deluxe Nugget Gold interior package, no seat belts, though. Around $800 or so.
Old 08/04/2008, 06:44 PM   #9
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
The seat upholstery in the car is A+, and I am going to dye the door panels (old stock from my stash). And I know a trick to dye the seatbelts to the right color for any interior, as well as the dashpad.
I discovered this afternoon after cleaning, that the deluxe steering wheel is not too nice. I'll have to shop around for that also. I think VA Mustang may have them.

Neil

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads