CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/20/2008, 06:28 PM   #1
hotrodgrany
My Car Details

My Fast Stangs

eBay: leona289

Send a message via MSN to hotrodgrany
On my way to a car show......

Here is another story of the cops and the GT/CS. I was on my way to the car show this week end, when I remeberd I forgot my purse, well had to head back home, after nearly being there. On my return, I guess was in a bit of a hurry and our friendly highway patrol deside to pull me over. When he came up, he said nice car, and asked for the usual items. I proceeded to tell him where I as going and that Ford desided to change the speedomitor, and there are only in segments like 10, 20,40 on it, there are no 30, 50 mumbers on it, so it is sort of a guessing game. He checked everything out and said have good time and ticket. All in all, I just think he wanted to check my car out. They will do anything check out these cars, right.......
hotrodgrany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Midnight Special
My Car Details

...That's so funny. And true!
Back when I had my first GT390 CS in the late '70s, a cop pulled me over (thinking I was going to get a ticket) to tell me he thought I was running too rich, cuz of the blue smoke in between gear shifts. He said; "lean it out a bit and see how she performs" followed by "have a nice night" ;-)

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket Kathy. I agree that your haste gave him the opportunity to get a good look at your beautiful car.

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions