CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 12/14/2003, 03:06 PM   #1
carvensno

Send a message via ICQ to carvensno Send a message via Yahoo to carvensno
New Member who made the mistake of selling his pride and gt/cs stang

hi, my name is Charles Mckinney, i could kick myself now for selling my CS back in 1996,because the car had been in the family for 20 yrs.But at the time i could not afford 2 cars and the insurance for them, so i made up my mind and put it up for sale.The 1 good thing is that the CS went to a good famliy, they had 2 other stang fully restore, so i know that it was going to be in good hands.

the VIN #8R01J158056
Body 65A, CLR I, TRIM 2G, DATE 17D, DSO 72, AXLE 7, TRANS W

had the otpional Gt package on it, which paul had helped my mom verify. is there a way that i could find out if the lady that bought it is still the owner or if it has been sold again and if it is still in Fresno,CA.

HI Paul i had met you with my mom back in i think it was 84 at the cal-expo for the big mustang show there, i was just a teen then, my mom says to tell you hi.

any info will be thankful
carvensno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2003, 04:00 PM   #2
darb

Send a message via AIM to darb Send a message via MSN to darb Send a message via Yahoo to darb
Re:New Member who made the mistake of selling his pride and gt/cs stang

Well, you could hire a private investigator to run the VIN number in a private database, or the plate number (If you know any law enforcement officers they can do this too) - that will tell you the current registered owner of the car IF they keep the registration up to date.

Services like this range anywhere from 25- 150 dollars, call a local P.I. they'll help you get the info very fast.

Brad
darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2003, 11:04 PM   #3

I hunted down my dad's old Mustang with way less info than you have--only the plate number, and it (luckily) still had the original plate on it so I was able to locate it. I think it cost between $35 and $50, but I can't remember. Good luck!

http://www.ustrace.com

mailto:agent@ustrace.com

Old 01/25/2004, 12:30 AM   #4
carvensno

Send a message via ICQ to carvensno Send a message via Yahoo to carvensno

you know i didnt even think of this till tonite reading other threads on here, there is a cop in the fresno mustang club that i know pretty good, i guess i could see if he could pull it up for me huh? DOH ;D
carvensno is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions