CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/05/2008, 06:10 PM   #1
Mosesatm

2010 Mustang News 415hp V6

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/2008...ordmustang.php
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2008, 05:21 AM   #2
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
It'll be interesting to see if it happens. 75-100hp more than the 4.6 V8 and probably the same gas mileage, and same initial cost. Turbo's aren't quite as maintenance friendly as V8's, but how many do their own anymore anyway. Of course my thought is, adapt it to a V8 (you could probably use everything except the exhaust manifolds) and really make a statement.

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2008, 07:26 PM   #3
PNewitt

The EcoBoost engine is a direction that Ford should have taken about three years ago. MIT did a study and engine design to get 45mpg out of an SUV by "losing" internal parts (cam, lifters, etc.) that lose potential HP, replaced with electronic parts.

This proves that Auto companies won't do these things like this until they're forced to. In the meantime, Ford dealerships are dropping like flies right and left.

Paul N.
Old 07/09/2008, 07:45 AM   #4
p51
My Car Details

Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNewitt View Post
The EcoBoost engine is a direction that Ford should have taken about three years ago. MIT did a study and engine design to get 45mpg out of an SUV by "losing" internal parts (cam, lifters, etc.) that lose potential HP, replaced with electronic parts.

This proves that Auto companies won't do these things like this until they're forced to. In the meantime, Ford dealerships are dropping like flies right and left.

Paul N.
A good book to read regarding our auto industry is "The Reckoning" by David Halberstam (who also wrote "The Best and the Brightest"). The book is about the *last* time Japan was eating our lunch. Between the time the book came out and through the 90's Ford made an outstanding comeback making the book somewhat anachronistic. Now its "Deja-vu all over again" (YogiB).....

The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.
p51 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > Misc Forums > Off Topic Lounge