CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/11/2008, 07:21 PM   #1
07gtcsvert

Gt/cs???

Hi everyone!...I'm a newbie, having joined last week...I live in East Texas and I flew to Phoenix, AZ three days ago to pick up a redfire 07 GT/CS convertible...It was first sold by Sunset Ford in Peoria in March of 07...I purchased it from Larry Miller Dodge in Peoria with 10,013 miles on it...The Dodge dealership told me that it was traded back to Sunset Ford last month and that they purchased it from Sunset Ford...Sunset Ford disputes that and the Carfax is not clear on that issue...At any rate, I'm trying for sure to determine that it is definitely a GT/CS...I have called several sources, including Ford and evidently, I will not be able to get a copy of the window sticker...According to the info on this great website, I can get an oasis report from any Ford dealership which will confirm authenticity...I tried with the local goobers and what they printed out was about a quarter page of nothing...I think Sunset Ford, being the original dealer could be a lot more helpful but at this point they are not willing to do much of anything...They have already made their money off of the car...Any suggestions?...Sorry for the long-winded post...
07gtcsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2008, 08:43 PM   #2
GTCS07
My Car Details

Car sold

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you got a real CS but to be sure in lieu of the window sticker info or the HVBoM report you just need to see if you have all the package equipment like the two-tone interior, side scoops and stripes, etc. Post some pics.
GTCS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2008, 12:07 PM   #3
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

That '07 Redfire vert is hard to come by. What color is the interior? Parchment (cream) or dove (gray)? Shaker 1000 or 500? You must post pics in your gallery to share!

I got my HVBoM from Ron.

http://gtcsregistry.com/HVBOM.htm

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Mosesatm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoo28 View Post

Snip.....

I got my HVBoM from Ron.
Ouch, that sounds nasty, but being a nurse I guess you can treat it!
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/12/2008, 06:05 PM   #5
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

I set myself up for that one.

You just watch out for late gen Specials. You never know when we're gonna be there at the hotel, or the viaduct...

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2008, 08:23 PM   #6
07gtcsvert

Thanks so much for the assistance...The car has everything mentioned above, so I feel better about it now...I have contacted Ron to see if he will get me an oasis or HVBoM report...Shaker 500 (my 05 vert has the 1000) and charcoal/dove grey interior...Thanks again...Pics coming...
Old 07/15/2008, 07:15 PM   #7
07gtcsvert

Thanks again to everyone and especially Ron who provided me with an HVBoM report and verified that I do indeed have the real thing...

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions