CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 11/30/2003, 04:30 PM   #1
brant-hcs

66 hcs convertibles?

Hey guys, been checking this website out for about two years. Gotta throw my hat in to ask this. I was wondering if I could get some help with a question I've had for some time now. It is in regards to the 66 hcs convertibles. I was wondering how many there were. In the gallery, the comments on Charles Murray's convertible (page 5) says that there were 35. I've also have heard 30.
Also in Mr. Murray's comments he mentions that there are one or two more out there. Does anyone know about these? When they were last seen and what they were. Appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks.
brant-hcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2003, 06:30 PM   #2
66 Dearborn HCS

Send a message via AIM to 66 Dearborn HCS
Re:66 hcs convertibles?

[quote author=brant-hcs link=board=1;threadid=711;start=0#msg3847 date=1070235003]
I was wondering how many there were. In the gallery, the comments on Charles Murray's convertible (page 5) says that there were 35. I've also have heard 30.
[/quote]

Contact Bob Teets. I'm not sure, but because we don't have any Ford info from the '66 production year (a la Kevin Marti), I don't think it's possible to say exactly how many convertibles/fastbacks/coupes were built. Other than the 333 total that's been documented, and my freak (unconfirmed F built HCS) I don't think there is a breakdown. Bob would know best.
66 Dearborn HCS is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions